What do you do when you miss your ex?

It's been months since we stopped speaking but occasionally I still get really intense feelings of missing my ex. It did not end on good terms and I know we had little long term potential but it's hard because he was a good friend until it ended. Added to insult is the fact that he occasionally drunk texts me saying he wants to be friends but never talks to me about it/ at all sober. It's hard because everytime I get these feelings I go through the whole mourning process again and end up just sulking for a few days.

I would like recommendations of what I can do to get out of these funks. I know they will only last for a few days at a time and they only happen occasionally but it's emotionally draining and I feel like its a step backwards. Do you have any tricks that you do when you start to miss someone you shouldn't care about anymore?

17

What Guys Said 7

• Hang out with friends, make new friends, do activities that keep you busy, get a new boyfriend.

• I dated someone like this. Get angry. Like really angry. Tell yourself you deserve better. Then move on
    kenpire.files.wordpress.com/.../...elf-respect.gif

• Don't be this "super hero cold ❄ girl 👧" talk to him about it: through the beer 🍻 he might feel like you do now but for X reason to shy to talk or confront you (in a nice way 🙃) about the whole thing. Talk to him. Give him a big hug 🤗 and a kiss at his cheek.

• Murderous rampage 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• I remember that I'm a keeper and they fucked up. Now they'll be trying to crawl back within the year and will wonder what if for the rest of their life.

• I don't miss

• Keep urself busy for 6 months with activities u like. It will be less painful

What Girls Said 1

• I hang out with and talk to other people. They distract me from the current stuff going on in my life haha. Tell yourself that everything happens for a reason, that the break up was good for you, and he isn't worth it much at all. Keep busy.
    I used to just emotionally break down like almost every day. It was so toxic for me lol. I know break ups are hard, but giving it time is key. There's nothing wrong with missing someone who was special to you. You'll get through it - there's going to be a day in the future when you wake up and he's no longer your first thought :)