How to break up with someone without hurting them?

Both sides are ok and there's no "dirty laundry ", it's just not what it was.

Most Helpful Guy

• It honestly can't be done. You can always say a cheesy line of "Its not you its me" lets be honest that never works.. Just have to say it for what it is and why it is. Being honest is better then trying to convince the person they did nothing wrong... Let them take something new to their next relationship

• Thank you! 😊

• You're welcome, good luck! I'm sure he'll appreciate the honesty tho.

Most Helpful Girl

• meet face to face. try a compliment sandwich. two good things about them and one thing they could consider working on for future relationships.

• It makes sense. Thank you! 😊

What Guys Said 24

• You can't hurt them. Not possible. Only their own thoughts about the experience/situation can cause them pain.

• This is interesting point! Thank you 😊

• You're welcome. With this in mind, just be gentle and honest. And be prepared for them too be hurt, but know that it's not your fault and all you can do is speak your heart.

• only way I can think of is being a complete shit hole to them until they break up with you.

• Just do it; dragging it out makes them less likely and/or less willing to accept it

• Give more details about your relation, otherwise there is too many options.

• There's no way to do it without hurting someone if you both still care about each other however if you can come to terms with all of it it should make things easier I hope that makes sense

• Tell them you want the relationship to be exactly how it is but without the romance. In other words, you just want to be friends with benefits

• yeah you can't do that, lol. Unless he's also feeling like you too

• You should meet in person. Both of the relationships I was in were both broken up over the phone.

• I know someone who has been with somebody for maybe 4 years or 5, and at the end they agreed to end their relationship because both don't have feeling towards each other anymore

• Tell him "Goni se u pizdu materinu debilcino" πŸ˜‚

• Hey, bro its all good you're still my buddy. Or STRAIGHTEN UP, I DONT WANNA HEAR YOUR
    NONSENSICAL ASS... but were still good right

• You can't

• Breakups are never fun because it always falls to who messed up in the relationship.

• Sometimes it's not about mess. You simply start to look at them like friends only and it's not how it should be.

• you can't so get used to it

• That's partly right - but you don't have to be jerk on top of already not so awesome situation... :/

• Oh, no! I don't think that you are jerk, I said it in general. Sorry about that! 😊

• oh ok ^^ but there is always pain in a break up... it's just like taking a band aid off : no matter what you do it will hurt... So do it fast

• If you break up with some one, and they are not heart broken they never really loved you.

• Be honest. If you dont feel the same there is no point. Yeah break ups hard especially when its just feelinge becoming different.

• There is no real way to do that. The best thing to do is do it sooner than later. The longer u wait the more it will hurt

• I believe rule of thumb is to do it personally. Never over the phone or via text. It may be a good thing to be honest about the entire thing. Since finding out that you were dumped for a different reason can bring about some complicated situations...

• That is also true! Lies are not cool, anyway. 😊 Thank you for your opinion 😊

• You're welcome 😊

• Go through with it to see who really hurts.

• Yeah like that ever works

• Just give a nice hug and say your feelings.

• I just YouTube it by copying paste the your question and I found lot of helpful videos. I can't share the links since it requires xperlevel2

• Declare mho

• Just be honest & respectful. You can’t help hurting someone sometimes.

• I like a tight ass with a nice slit

• Just be honest and tactful

What Girls Said 11

• Someone always ends up with some level of hurt so it’s impossible. I think the best way is to just talk and don’t let it turn into a blame game if they have a reaction to induce it.

• In my opinion, no matter which way u gonna take, end a relationship will give much pain. N sure, it hurts both or just 1 of them. πŸ™‚

• Tell why you want to break up

• There is no easy way to break up. If there was, I would keep the idea as a secret and sell it to anyone who needs it for a hefty price.

• That sounds like your making an offer lol if the price is right lol

• Quick and easy like a band-aid. There is no 'nice' way... only a respectful one.

• its gonna hurt either way but at least be upfront, dont be a pussy

• nah you can't

but be nice about it, not too nice though

• I don't feel like there is a way to break up with someone an no on get hurt... At the end of the day either u was the giver or the taker... Someone is bound to get hurt

• It's better hurting him with honesty than leaving without your true reason. That's the worst.

• Breakups always hurt but you just gotta do what you gotta do.

• Say it straight up, don't be a lane.