I have been miserable since the breakup?

My first time being dumped and having to deal with moving on. Is painful. I haven't seen my in a year, and haven't spoken to him in 6months. I love him and still do. He dumped me.

I have been trying to get through its hard. I look at his facebook page and saw his pic and I just started to cry. Its status still said single, I never got the closure, I wanted so it has been real hard. I go to be very lonely...and hurt. I try to keep my faith.

Any have advice?

in the middle of the night I wake up missing him

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Looking up positive quotes, and especially the Dalai Lama helped inspire me. Sometimes I think I'll be single forever and my last crush really hurt my feelings because I was very much into him. Just think positive, and if you believe in a higher power ask and have faith that you will get through it. It won't happen immediately, but the only way you're going to get through this stuff happily is to start trying to make yourself happy. Until recently had I stopped looking at his fb page, and it doesn't happen as much anymore, but I'm slowly getting used to the fact that he won't be there anymore. My higher power is God, and I ask for happiness, whether its within, or me and this guy cross paths again. I also never got closure, but I did get a lie. Lies aren't good. I'd much rather hear the truth then be more hateful later because his truth was a lie. Girl, you will get through this, and eventually be happy, just believe in happiness so that you can achieve it. ..here's a quote I have on my fb info page..I stole it, and I love it. :

"When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spirituality. They may seem like they are sent from the heavens, but in truth, they actually are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they just walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and what we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled,their ...work is done. What you have been meditating for has been answered. It is time to move on."See More

What Guys Said 1

• Well, first, I'd stop looking at his pic if it makes you cry. I think there's an article around here somewhere that deals with this sort of thing. I imagine it can be difficult, but I also would think that you'd be tired of feeling that way.

Let me look around real quick, the person does a very good job I think.

• https://www.girlsaskguys.com/Articles/Break-Up/Break-Up-my-Mended-Heart.html

Try that one.

• Thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• Pull yourself together. You don't love him, you miss the idea of him. When someone is suddenly taken out of your life, NO MATTER who that person is, you will feel their absence. Its like a hole that is in your life. You wake up, you think about how at this time they'd call you or text you, or come over and it kills you. My best advice, would be, to find things to do. If you're a flirt like me ;) then, you'll feel better by going out, looking HOT, and flaunting your stuff, while other guys STARE. That usually makes my day, and gets my mind off things for a while. The idea is to do these little things that will eventually get your mind to focus in a different direction.

Fill his void with other activities.

• listen to "you oughta know" by alanis morissette. I know it sounds lame but trust me you feel so empowered, it's like you told him everything you wanted to say without actually having to. you feel like a weight has been lifted off your chest, promise!

now don't get me wrong it won't totally make you feel better, I suggest doing things to keep you busy. take up a hobby, learn how to do something new. I don't suggest reading however, it's not very hard to let your mind wander while doing that. have a girls day and go shopping, have fun and pretty soon you'll be so distracted that you won't even realize you were upset earlier. try to stay off facebook, seeing his pictures only makes it worse, and even if you don't intend on looking at his page still stay off because one little status update from him, or one wall post to him by a friend will pretty soon be driving you crazy. you'll end up back at his page and sad all over again. don't put yourself in that position and you'll be fine.