How do I regain power in my relationship, I'm whipped.

Every single time I want my girlfriend to come along with me to something and she doesn't want to then she just doesn't. But when my girlfriend wants to do exactly the same thing with me and I say no, she just gets very mad so then I have to go with her..

how do I regain power?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• personally if I was dating a guy and he just did everything I said I would start to find him less attractive. just because she gives you that "what's gotten into you" doesn't mean you should back out. do the opposite, stand your ground. she's saying this because she isn't used to you standing up for yourself but if you don't you're going to be miserable and walked on for the rest of your relationship. chances are any other relationship you may be in too the same will happen. just pull her aside and tell her that you don't like her ordering you around. tell her that you don't mind doing things with her but that some things you think would be better left for her and her girlfriends. you have to make your point come across but at the same time you don't want to be an ass about it. just trust that you can do a good balance and just let her know that you have a mind, you have a voice, and that you don't want to be in a relationship where you feel like you have no say. afterall it's called a RELATIONSHIP not a DICTATORSHIP. good luck and I hope it all works out!

• She just expects the most stupidest things from me sometimes, like if I don't reply to a text because I had nothing to say, she will get p*ssed off about it..

• Then I think you should seriously look over your relationship. you don't deserve to be treated like crap and you're not going to be happy if you are. so just sit her down and have a talk, tell her how much she means to you but that you also need to be allowed to have a little freedom. you don't owe her anything and you're not her property. if she really cares she'll do what she can too to save your relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• sometimes you just have to not go with her. if she gets mad then she's not being reasonable. she needs to realize that your relationship is between you and her and it's not all about you and not all about her. maybe you should try to compromise with her and agree to go with her only if she'll go with you next time. you can't let her control you that's not good, and sooner or later she'll not like that she can push you around so much. she's gonna want a more aggressive man so stand up for yourself and don't let her push you around.

• I have said no to her before but then she just says to me "whats gotten into you?" then I just give in, how am I supposed to respond to this? thanks

What Guys Said 2

• Put your foot down. I'm telling you this for both you and for the good of the relationship. I had a girl like that and I let her get away with it a few times, but if you want it to last a decent amount of time then she's going to have to get used to the fact that she can't always win/be right.

• first off, being whipped is pathetic. and since you realize this, you have posted this question. so what to do now right? DON'T BE WHIPPED. it's that simple, bro. if you say no, stick to saying no. show her you have balls. don't reply right away all the time when she contacts you and don't contact her all the time either. never accept second class behavior from women. treat her with respect but expect respect from her at the same time. if not, you need to end the relationship. otherwise, you'll be whipped and unhappy for the rest of the relationship. even if you think she's hot or out of your league, you have to regain your stature as a man. seriously. it's all about the mentality and attitude. BE. A. MAN.