Is this normal?

Anonymous
It feels like it's exactly like in the movies and I know we shouldn't feel the same way... but somehow it still happens...
My parents broke up about 8 years now?
I feel okay with it now, even though I wasn't a big fan of my Dad because he use to yell and get angry very easily. Lots of mixed emotions happened when it first started but, I miss my Dad's funny stories he use to tell us. Once, he told us-a classroom hanging out a the outside of the High School building after doing an outdoor project. A classmate told me he could of been a great comedian. Thing is... when I told my Dad that after school, he said he would be horrible doing that. -facepalm- I knew he had depression but, look at Robi Williams! Even though he was depressed, he still became a comedian. Mayb Dad said so because of his own anger issues as well?
I don't know but... there was a reason for the break up. (Not because of the depression... there were othr readons but, lets not get there... thre's a limit of text to write on this site so... I can't go further...^^')
--
After the beak up, 2-3 years later, my Mom married a new guy who feels A LOT more worse than Dad! Not abusive but, he says do many triggering and offensive things. Plus, he keeps making up new rules that we never grew up with. This guy also swears a lot even though he told me, "I only swear when I'm upset." Does this mean he's also always grumpy?
What makes matters worse: we all grew up in a family was strictly not allowed to swear. My Mom is trying to get him to stop and for her, he is trying. Thing is... if swearing is a habit well... it's going to take forever... u_u;
I'm a soft person who gets scared of anger and swears so, I'm scared of my Mom's new husband.
Heck, I'm 25 and still... ridiculous, right?
The way this new "Dad" makes me feel I should disrespect him but, I'm usually the nice and calming person who respects eveyone. It hurts when I make others give negative emotions. I want to respect him but... you know where I'm getting?
Is this normal?
0
1