How do I go about wishing my ex on her birthday? It'll be in a few days and I want to make a good impression on her?

So we parted ways amicably. After that we kept in touch briefly and later she stopped talking to me when her boyfriend asked her to. We haven't talked in about a year and I would love to wish her. whats the right way to go about it without seeming too desperate? I still hope to get back to her.

22

What Girls Said 2

• Just a simple happy birthday message would be good, though I wouldn’t expect anything back if she’s still with her boyfriend.

• Dont do that, move on. It will not be worth it, she is with another guy, if you send her a card she will just feel pity for you.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't. Don't wish her a happy birthday if she has a boyfriend. You will look desperate no matter what and there will be very little doubt of what's going on inside your head. You have to let this go. Don't be looking at a taken woman or you're going to end up waiting way too long and you'll never end up with the right one.

• You need to respect their wishes, end of story. If you want to get back with her, you have to show her that you respect her, and you need to understand that the odds are anyway against it happening.