Should I try texting him in a few weeks to reconcile?

The other night the lovely man that I was dating told me that he should stop seeing me and take a break from dating altogether to restore a healthy balance in his life. It has been a rough year for him and before he ended it he was indicating that he was stressed out about things and had a lot on his mind. He swore that he was not ending the relationship because of me, and that he was attracted to me and admired me.

I told him that I did not want to add to the stress but that I wish he would give me another chance. He replied with a vague and open ended response and told me to have a good night and sleep well.
I just can’t get him out of my head.. I was thinking of texting him in a few weeks to see if once he has calmed down if he will be open to continue dating me. I don’t want to pressure him but I know I can’t wait for months for him to come around.. what should I do?

12

What Guys Said 2

• I would send a message seeing how he is doing, and where he is at. Though to be honest, it sounds like he was looking for a reason to break things off, do he might just be afraid to be honest with you

• I’m not sure. He started talking about how his life was stressing him out etc while everything was going well. He had multiple opportunities during the conversation to just say he wasn’t into me.. he replied to my last message with “Ok. I appreciate it. Lots on my mind. Please have a good night and sleep well” that was when I texted him that I wished he would give me another chance etc.

• 6d

So update. I did text him the other night and he responded and was very friendly and trying to make conversation, but he also still seemed down like when I asked him how he was he said “I’m ok..” etc.

I’ll take that as he is telling the truth and is still interested because if he wasn’t then I don’t see why he would reply at all, or if he did it would be something just like “hi”

• 6d

It very well could be, hard to tell at this point though, I wouldn't suggest staying completely hung up on him, maybe give each other some room, possibly even see another guy and make him jealous

• Wait for a while. Time heals everything 😊

What Girls Said 1

• Find someone new, he was pretty straightforward with his decision. The open ended response could have been either a way of not saying something that would hurt your feelings or a lack of a response on his part.