I miss him, why?

So me and my ex broke up/took a break about 1.5-2 weeks ago. I feel like I miss him a lot and all I want to do is message him but i think I shouldn't. I'm not sure if it's because I feel lonely or if it's just me going through the emotions of it. He was my longest relationship, even though it was a long distance. I'm not sure what I should do at this point, so any advice will be appreciated.

23

What Guys Said 3

• Your emotions have to run their course. If you keep your mind occupied, it helps. You should take the time to learn something new and do something you used to do a lot that you don't do anymore because you didn't have time. Don't talk to him, just keep your mind busy. If you feel like crying, then cry. Tell a friend and tell them you're a mess and that you need to get out of the house and your mind off things and just stay busy.

• see other people. go out with friends as much as possible. get your mind off of it. you only miss him because thats where your mind goes when your bored. give it 2-3 weeks of fun with friends/ family and you should be ok

• Why did you break up

• We were arguing a lot, and things were getting difficult. Over the almost 2 years our needs from the relationship changed, and we just weren't able to figure out how to make it work anymore.

• What you are going through is normal... You will have good and bad days.. Just keep busy, focus on making yourself better, and before you know it you won't miss him!

What Girls Said 2

• That's usually when you start to miss someone and start feelings all those emotions it probably is because you are lonely I am also going through a recent break up right now as much as you want to message him, don't it will make things worse because then you will want to talk and if he doesn't reply it you get hurt again just try to focus on something else go out with friends but do not message him

• @emptybroken absolutely 100% correct. If you message him and he doesn't respond back then all this time you have is gone. You'll be hurt all over again and start over at day 1. So take everyone's advice and try to stay busy. GOOD LUCK!

• It is normal to miss him as you get used to him.