Ex moving on so fast?

Do guys not think about their ex girlfriends after breaking up? My ex boyfriend started seeing someone new right after he asked for a break/breakup.. we were in a 5 year relationship everything in our relationship was going good as well. Is it a rebound that won’t work out or it probably will?

14

What Guys Said 4

• It could be a rebound as a 5 year relationship can cause someone to be used to having a partner at all times. Also it could mean that he was already eyeing this girl prior to your breakup, which I hope not cause that sucks. Sometimes rebounds work and sometimes they don't. It's hard to tell now.

• He probably was seeing her during the time you were together and asked for a break up because he wanted to be with her. things like that normally won't work out.

• It could go both ways. The relationship you had with him could have possibly just been dying out, or he's just looking for the comfort of another.

• My girlfriend broke up with me 3 years ago and I'm still not able to move on from her. So yes, not all people are same. Some move on pretty easily while some take a lot of time

What Girls Said 1

• Its probably just a rebound. Or in a lot of cases people in long term relationships will start to think about being with someone else which in turn makes them, think their relationship "isn't working" the butterflies are gone or whatever you want to call it.

New relationships or sexual partners are exciting at first. Then he'll realize oh shit. Jacked up something that was real and this is just a fling.