Should I just focus on school?

I had to break up with the guy I liked (he would’ve been my first boyfriend) and now I’m just sad. I miss talking to him and kissing him and holding his hand. Now I can’t do any of those things. I’m thinking about just being alone for a while and focusing on school. I don’t want to date anymore, at least not for a long time. Maybe I’m afraid to meet anyone else, because I’m tired of being disappointed? I don't know do you think I should give up dating for a while?

03

What Guys Said 3

• Why did you break up in the first place? I never say to stop dating but you could stop looking. Usually when you are not looking and work on yourself, you'll attract people to want to be a part of your world. I tend to find all my future girlfriends when I'm just focusing on myself, work, studies. etc. Remember, be happy, it's all about you.

• He wasn’t emotionally available. He was fine with being exclusive but i think he did it because he didn’t want to lose me. He wasn’t sure if he could be what I wanted emotionally and to me, that would be a waste of time. If you can’t see yourself falling for me then we are wasting each other’s time.
      After that, I was a little disappointed. Because I always wanted a boyfriend but I don’t want a partner just to have one. So I’m just going to be alone for a good while and just go to school. Dating hasn’t been working out for me in college anyway 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Don't just start looking for a boyfriend cause you need to kiss someone. Get used to being by yourself first and then start going out again.

• The thing is that I don’t have a lot of dating experience. I’m not one of those girls that constantly has boyfriends or guys she dates.
      All I know is being single, can’t really fathom being in a committed relationship, let alone marriage.
      I understand what you mean about not looking for a boyfriend though. Some people just want to fill a void - but I legitimately liked him. I loved talking to him, even without the physical stuff. He’s the one person I could talk to that really *got* it. I feel like I lost a good friend. It’s just sad all around.

• Working on that now. Quality friends are hard out here but I do have a few. Took a long time to develop that friendship though

• Then enjoy being with them where you don't have to worry about being your best. Goof around, have fun and then out of nowhere you'll meet someone.

• It's a good distraction.

What Girls Said 0