Is it okay to break up with someone whom u don't love anymore?

As I asked.., is it really okay? You said you love her/ him before but lost interest right now so you decide to break up.
Isn't it way too cruel if they are deeply in love with you? Didn't we hold responsible for what we said before? They will get hell lot of suffering and they didn't do anything to deserve it.
I'm asking because I lost my feeling for her. But my strong empathy for her is making me confuse. I also feel guilty and couldn't break up with her.

53

What Girls Said 5

• There’s no point in continuing a relationship if you’re essentially stringing the other person along.

• Its unfair to stay with someone out of obligation rather than love.

• Breaking up at that stage is not only okay, but it's the best thing to do
    Because no one wants to live unloved, and time will make it worse for both of you

• I wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't love me anymore. If it was possible to work through it then that's the best option but pretending to still be in love is just lying and that hurts way more than the truth

• it is ok.

What Guys Said 3

• Of course it's okay to get out of a relationship if you aren't in love. Why would you stay in a relationship if you aren't happy? And if your true feelings are you just aren't in love, why are you guilty? Don't be guilty because you feel a certain way. Breaking up with someone is hard to do, but you have to do it so you can get on with your life. You aren't happy and if you don't end it, you're going to build resentment and that's going to make you even worse. You have to get out of this. Go to the store and grab your favorite beer or whatever you love to drink and put it in the fridge and put a glass in your freezer. You call the girl over and tell her you need to talk. Before she gets there, get all of her stuff in to a box. She shows up, you tell her you're not happy and that you just want to break up and move on. Hand her her stuff and send her on her way. And when she leaves, turn off your phone, find a pillow and scream and cry into it for as long as you have to, because even if want this, it still hurts to do it. Then turn the TV on, and grab the beer and glass. And you're not allowed to have the beer until you go through with this. When your beer is done, turn on your phone, ignore all the text messages she sends you, send all the phone calls to voice mail, call your closest buddy and tell him what just happened and tell him you need to get out of the house to get your mind off things and go out and have a great time. Use the time after the break up to work on yourself. Are you in good shape? Even if you are get in better shape. Get at least one new hobby, learn one new skill, and work on your career path. And go back to doing a few things you couldn't do because she took up too much of your time. Get out of this man. Look at the future ahead. You don't want this woman to be the mother of your kids and the one that will be the mother of your kids is going to get harder and harder to find if you don't end this dead end relationship

• It's the right thing to do, instead of leading them on and eventually ending up hating them.

• If you dont break up with someone you dont love they can't move on and meet someone that does love them.