If your recent ex were in trouble, would you be there for them?

Hypothetically you've just broken up with your ex less than a month ago, but you're still listed as their emergency contact because their family lives in another state/city and they didn't think to change their contacts because the break up just happened. The phone rings, it's the hospital saying s/he was in an accident, is incapacitated, and can you come down. What would you do?

• I'd go. No matter how we broke up, I feel like it would be the right thing to do.
  • I'd go ONLY if we had a mutual break-up and it wasn't ugly.
  • I wouldn't go regardless of how we broke up. The minute we ended things, that ended all ties, emergency or not.
    Vote C
  • I'd first call to see if there was anyone else available, and if no one responded, then I'd go.
    Vote D

1514

Most Helpful Guy

• I would help, do the right thing ''as a person''. However I wouldn't be present of make myself present in their life enough to socialize with them. Help yes, but thats it. I am gone from their life, I dont exist and dont want to. My life is on a different path now and they are not in it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't turn my back on people if my help can actually help them, even if we broke-up and I am mad.

What Guys Said 13

• Everyone knows that is the right thing to do. The difference between people is how selfish they are about wanting to stay angry.

• I wouldn't hesitate. Maybe that's because I've never had a bad breakup.

With my last long term girlfriend, she was even listed as a beneficiary on my retirement account for 10-12 years before I got around to changing it. I was perfectly OK with her getting it, so there was no hurry to change it.

• I'd go no matter what, primarily because at the end of the day we're all in this life together and like it or not, we need to look out for each other; break up or not. Besides, they'd do the same for me. And if they won't then fuck it, I'd still arrive as soon as possible just because I'm fucking awesome.

• If it was an amicable split, I would definitely visit to make sure she's not alone. If the circumstances under which we broke up were acrimonious, I'd still tell her family and pass on the details but I won't offer any more support than that.

• Last year an ex from 50 years ago called on me: she needed $10k , for her business I told her how she might get it but I just paid her meal hat day.
    Not a cent more

• i would go, simple because helping a person should never depend on relationship status or any other interest, and theworld is the shit it is today simple because people have lost so much conection with themselves that even helping someone in need is subjected to personal interest, its so shameful.

• Fuck no ! Let the cunt hang !

• Absolutely

• Said ex is still pretty much my best friend, so yes.

• I'd go to make sure my ex was really dead. ... I'd take off from work 😂😂😂😂🙊

• it depends on how bad the break up was

• It depends on what happened and how we broke up

• Yeah I would if no one else could

What Girls Said 14

• I'd not go for my recent ex.
    He wouldn't do for me either, and i wouldn't want him to.

• I once shared a special bond with this amazing human being so YES. I will be there.

• i wouldn't go

• With my last ex? Nope. I’d ring his home and leave a message but after that, I’m done.

• I chose C, but meant B. I wouldn't do it for my ex, but I'd do it for my current s/o if we ever break up.

• It would be weird cause he has a girlfriend 😂 but i'd go if i was the contact

• I’m not that cold hearted. I would go no matter what.

• He's a human. I should help.

• If it was my most recent ex, no, if it was my first boyfriend yes, as were still friends

• I'll go if he's dead. If not he'll either complain or think I want to rekindle things

• 3d

He's incapacitated in the example. It's different if he asked you to come, then it is if a doctor says, he's out of it, and they need you to come down in case they need like authorizations for medical care.

• 3d

If doctors think I'm the best person to sign papers for medical care they're not very smart. And it is an unfair burden on me since no matter what I chose I'm stuck with the responsibility of that choice for life.

• I'd go for sure!

• I would go yes

• If we broke up a month ago, no I wouldn’t eek I’m cold hearted like that

• I would definitely help. I still care for them, just because we broke up doesn't mean they're a bad person. Jesus why are so many people bitter these days.

• 6d

Well, they may actually be a bad person, which is why one answer choice asks if it depends on the circumstances of the break up. There are several really good reasons why some exs should not come in contact with one another ever again---and yes, there are those that are just bitter because they aren't together, but definitely not all.