This why people hate ghosting and whats it does to a person emotionally when happens?

This just happened to pop up on my dashboard while on tumblr and I have to agree with it. For all the people who don't see ghosting as a huge ordeal, why you think people should just brush it off, this is why. You are leading people on and not giving them any kind of closure, rejection hurts anyway so disappearing isn't saving that person any grief. It, in fact, makes it worse and a lot harder to get over you. Why? Cause this person is wondering what they did wrong, wondering what they could have done to fix it, and wondering what made you suddenly leave without a word. You made them feel like everything was okay and that a brand new friendship or relationship was about to occur and then you suddenly dash those hopes but when you decided to go *poof*. Do the right the thing and tell people the truth so they can move on and not loose sleep or better yet their minds over you.

4d
O dang I should have put this in dating, didn't really think about it. I never good with categorizing questions lol

25

What Guys Said 5

• I learned to not care. I’ve developed a powerful barrier to lost relationships. It happens. People go in and out of your life without an explanation as to why. I’ve done it on occasions. I see it as lost compatibility, and having different priorities in life.

• 4d

I get people come and go out of your life, but there's a reason why people latch on to and don't want to let go of certain people. It's called caring. Just seeing them as another "come and go" means they probably weren't that important in your life.

• 4d

I honestly have a select few I call my friends. All of them I've known for 10+ years. I definitely feel comfortable knowing I have friends I can go without seeing for years, and see them again like we haven't skipped a beat. All the other fake friends have all been weeded out.

• 4d

Well that's great, some people don't mind distant friendships but for some people they do want you to show up every now and then, otherwise it makes them feel like you don't really care that much about the friendship.

• I understand the damage it does and how bad it is, however also keep in mind sometimes it is necessary.

• 1d

If you tell the person you're not interested and they keep trying, then yes it's necessary

• Its funny u expect me to read all this. Gosh your sooo my type

• I will never ghost anyone , but I love it when they ghost me. Not that it's happened that often. It's a great indicator and that way I don't have to waist my precious time.

• 4d

Well I guess if you weren't that invested or interested either, than getting ghosted might not hurt to you.

• 4d

Well of course it says they're not invested, but for some people it would still be nice to know especially if they are interested.

• 4d

Well like I mentioned , I would never do that to someone. I think it's cruel and unusual punishment and emotional abuse towards another person.

• yep not good

What Girls Said 2

• I hate it but its not the worse that can happen so be thankful

• 4d

It's not a matter of it's not the worse that can happen, the shit still hurts. It's nothing to really be thankful for. And this isn't really about me, this is a post from someone else.

• 4d

The way I see it is, you don't see as a huge ordeal until you go through it yourself. People usually don't understand or care until they go through some shit themselves, when its someone you really like or care about.. then you would probably understand the feeling and why it's not okay with a lot of people.

• 4d

I understand we don't feel the same and I've been through it and it just feels like asomething taking out happinessu can choose to ignore but when u go through other shit u don't have the choice to forget and be happy that's what I meant

• I ghosted a Boy who didn't seem to get the hint that I don't like him. I told him directly but he still don't get it.

• 4d

See that's understandable, we're talking about when people just get up and leave and don't say anything. You did, you were honest that you weren't into and couldn't read the signs of rejection. That's not your fault, that's his. So you really didn't ghost.

• 4d

'I don't want to date You' should provide closure, therefore not ghosted

• 4d

Okay.