Why do people who I love the most hurt me the strongest?

I just don't underestand, I thought I would be alright. I thought everything would get better, I thought I didn't have to do this. But why was I so wrong? Why did I even try to comfort myself? They were all just dry words, you know I never uswd to understand why people with eating disorders and self harm issues would make themselves go through hell. Now I do, i have become bulimic 2 months ago and have been depressed for long time. Now im having suicidal thoughts, I can't believe I fell into a situation I hated the most! Im going through such a hard time, its unbearable. My own father hates me, my own mother says im such a disappointment, my sisters dont care about me, my grandma says im worthless. I watched my father verbally abuse my mom through my childhood years, i watched them get a divorce at 14. I grew up alone without a mom in my teenage years. Missing her dearly, yet now i return by her side... she.. she's such a horrid person to me. Always yelling, calling me names, telling me how I can't do anything right! No one knows what Im going through..

24

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a sad truth. I have had best times outside my house with people around who I am not that close to while I always had to fight in my own house. It felt like It wasn't a home but battlefield. No one can hurt me outside I am carefree and light hearted that's home where I've been wounded the most. So I learned to keep people I love at a distance. But that still sucks because If being too close to fire burns you being far from it makes you freeze.

What Guys Said 4

• It is because the people you love most are the opinions that matter the most to you.

And as far as your life goes... If you can move out to a better home, I would advise that. It would be best if you seek a counselor for help at school as they would be able to proved better assistance. Or another organization. Although you feel alone, you don't have to continue to go through this if you seek assistance. Although the transition is scary and not easy, it is a matter of your own well-being and no one can take better care of you than yourself.

• Easy. If you care about someone, you’ve invested a great deal of emotion into him or her. A stranger can slap you and say you are worthless. You’d be angry. A loved one slaps you and say you are useless, you might be heartbroken.

• love always hurt
    we made strong expectations from the people whom I love. and then when they can't do anything on our expectations. that thing hurt us most

• That's what opening up to people feels like

What Girls Said 1

• Your emotional/ identity validation stems from the opinions of these people who also treat you/people around them poorly. If you can validate yourself you will be stronger than ever.