Is it a bad thing that I slept with my ex?

My ex and I broke up a few months ago because our jobs put us in a long distance relationship and neither of us wanted that. The other night I went to a party back home and she was there too. Since both of us were unable to drive after the party we ended up sleeping together at a hotel and having sex and then again the next morning. Even though she was the one that initiated it I feel guilty as if I should have stopped it from happening because I worry that it will make it that much harder for her to move on. I know I can't take back what happened but I need to understand if my guilt is well placed or no cause for concern. Thoughts?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• lol The same thing happened to me.. I was drunk like way gone and I do regret it but were just good friends, that hang out a lot and It just happened! It was weird and when I woke up I knew I was stupid and I acctually haven't gotten drunk since then... I don't have feelings for him, It was like weird tho.. I don't know how to explain it! I still have talked to him since then we just don't talk about what happened. plus it was like nothing. unless your in a new relationship? Which I was recently seperated but I'm sure it happens all the time and who is to judge others and say what is right and wrong? hello its the 21st century hardly anybody is a virgin for marriage, people have sex on first date, ect. lol anyways I know it should be bad because if you don't have intentions of getting back with her, then it was like, she liked you so much that she pursued you and you took advantage of her when you didn't really even want her! anyways heck I don't know what I'm saying.. good luck tho! =)

What Girls Said 1

• DUH IT'S A BAD THING! Just because you guys couldn't drive doesn't mean you should sleep together! That's when you sleep at a friends house! NOT WITH YOUR EX! It would be totally different if you guys both still had feeling and had expressed it to one another. I think you guys should just wait it out and see if the whole thing just goes away. If it doesn't, I don't have any advice for you buddy.

What Guys Said 1

• Sex with an ex is bad. Because it brings up certain emotions that were suppose to be locked away for good. Now you will feel the after effects of everything. You might start thinking about getting back with her. You might start thinking that you still love/care about her. I have been in your place before and I totally regretted having sex with an ex.