I've just ended my abusive relationship. what should I do next?

if you don't know already, you can refer to my previous question. i was in an abusive relationship and i went to the counsellor to talk about it. and some thing can knocked some sense into me is that, now that he is verbally abusive when we are only together for 1 year +, what more can he do to me, not mentioning us getting married or having a child. he tells me that it is different when we have a child, then some thing that keeps me thinking is that, if he can't prove to me that he will be someone who respects me, then why and who else will he be to our child? how can i trust him to do the right thing when it comes to our future? if he can't be there for me now, then how can he be there for me in the future. yes, to him, i'm possessive. but i have my reasons. the amount of time he broke the trust and still expected me to care for him in his time of needs just proved to me that he was using me all along. i'm only 19 and yet to know who i am, who i want to be, what do i want to do, but it's like all i can think about at that time was how i should fix this relationship. obviously i would feel sad, but i feel more relieved that i broke myself off the chains that were on me, i could had done it earlier but it's not too late.

24

What Guys Said 4

• Take time to build yourself up and do things you enjoy until you feel you’re ready to meet someone

• dont do much just take a break

• Go to the gym

• Find someone kind and caring but be care you can't judge a book by its cover

What Girls Said 2

• Move on

• Take some time to move on and heal.