Does he really love you if he cheats?

Recently broke up with my long time off and on boyfriend. He cheats and constantly inappropriately texts other girls, and lies to my face even when he knows I've already read all the receipts in his phone. But then he swears he loves me so much.. How? Do you think you can love someone but treat them this way?

524

What Guys Said 24

• Maybe he thinks that, but I think that he doesn't understand what love is. I would never treat someone I love like that. I don't even treat people I don't love like that. In my opinion, you should keep that relationship as "off" to save yourself a lot of heartache.

• If it was only once? Quite possibly. But this is repeated and constant behavior. He's not ready to be in a relationship, serious or otherwise, and he needs to do a lot of introspection

• Repeatedly. Off and on for 8 years, always been his problem. Does good for a while (few months) but eventually always goes back to it. Mostly just sexting and failed attempts at inviting girls to the house this last time around but.. Still considered cheating to me. You don't casually tell other girls all the naughty things you want to do to them but not even speak to your girlfriend like that..

• It's sad but you did the right thing. It wasn't good for you, and facing the consequences of his actions is what's best for him, too. I'm sorry you guys had to break it off, but from where I. I'm standing there wasn't really any other option

• Exactly how I feel right about now. It sucks, because as much as he sucks I still care about him. But at the same time we weren't healthy for one another, obviously. I got all resentful and paranoid at the end because of it, just not worth it at all. Happy to hear it sounds like I did the right thing.

• If you aren't into him any more, break up with him. To answer the question, yes he can love you and want to have sex with other girls at the same time-- that's extremely normal, like most of us want to have sex with lots of girls. But clearly he's also not taking your feelings into account, and it makes sense that that would bother you. It sounds like you could have an open and honest, non-judgemental face to face conversation with him about this and talk things over. And if you don't come to some kind of understanding, or you're no longer into him, then you can leave him if you want. It's all in your hands. Good luck.

• Yes it’s possible.

That doesn’t mean you should put up with it however.

• You can't love someone like that. I'm not one to say what someone should do but in this case it's a one way road. Constantly cheating and saying he loves you sounds like to me is manipulating you in an emotional state. If he loves you so much he would of dropped his cheating days behind him and been 100 with you.

• I agree with you. How could he ever loved you while
    sending inappropriate text message to other girls i
    think he is just a game player you deserve better?

• No one loves you if they cheat and any excuse they give is just asinine.

• Toxic af,

• This guy loves himself, be free and fly

• He loves cheating more than you

• No, you should stay broken up. Find a nice guy instead

• Simply watch this. he goes really far as to what morals and relationships are. you only cheat if you don't give a shit about the other person.

https://youtu.be/FLLnL4RZCPk

• He doesn't love you, he is using you for sex.
    Typical guy move

• no stay away from him. asshole

• Ofc he is makingng u fool. But u are so stupid that u blv again n again.

• The one rule in life never trust a lier and he does not have your best interest at heart

• No..

• I'd say a majority of the time its no. Some guys are simply mentally weaker and dont have self control or self discipline. Thst doesn't mean hr doesn't love you, it just means he's incapable of controlling himself.

• It's possible. Some men just can't be satisfied with one woman though. More and more women are okay with this. Better to have someone who cheats on you, then someone sub-standard, am I right?

• Yes but he his penis decides things for him more than his mind

• Obviously you were neglecting some of your girlfriend duties.

• Dumb question, you already know the answer...

• No!!

• You broke up with him good job

What Girls Said 5

• I usually say that if he loves you he wouldn't cheat because if he did cheat then the harsh reality is that he didn't really love you.

• He's a fucking liar... u dumped him for good

• No. He loves himself.

• Nope.

• You deserve a long vacation, who knows an offer may come up soon. ☺️