Should I quit my passion?

I’ve been cheerleading and doing gymnastics my whole life with minor injuries. I also have done CrossFit to try and get my dream body, once I was very close and happy with my self I broke my ankle. I haven’t gone to the hospital or anything yet and I think I hurt my shin from walking on it. My whole family tells me to give up on all of my sports because there is no point to now. I really don’t want to but I technically am permanently hurting all of my joints. Everything pops when I move any joints. And they say if I continue I will be in a shit load of pain when I’m older. What do I do?Should I quit my passion?Should I quit my passion?Should I quit my passion?Should I quit my passion?

422

What Guys Said 22

• Well, it's too early to tell, but your body is being stressed out from the intensity. Perhaps just slowing it down and talking to a physician or something should give you a better idea on how to continue your passions without overstressing your body.

Think of it this way, if you do too much, you could get an injury, a pretty serious one and that could just be the final nail of the coffin to your passions.

Do not enough, your body won't be as fit and doing some of the stuff might tire you out before getting any satisfaction out of it.

So, maybe just find a balance, let your body rest, then test the waters so to speak.

• It's up to you if the excitement now is worth the pain later. You will be in constant pain, you will end up with knee and hip replacements before you should and you may develop arthritis. But you have to ask yourself is having a great time now worth paying that price later on.

• Unless any members of your family are medical professionals, go to the hospital and get it looked at. Ask your doctor for their recommendation. If you don't like their opinion, get a second opinion.

• Do some research and consult a sports doctor. If you are really going to mess yourself up that bad then a lifetime of pain and problems isn't worth it in my opinion.

Don't stop exercising though, and look into coaching youth in the sports you have experience to help stay connected and give something back.

• Do what makes you happy... Better to live a imperfect life with complication than to live a less physical life and being miserable and regretting not following your passion.

• Pain is a part of life. Dont quit. Learn from your mistakes, and make sure you dont do those mistakes again

• Do what you like however i would not recommend it. Imagine when older how much you would regret that you dropped it. Passions is the best things that can happen to us and nothing should stop us reach it, we have 1 life.

• If it makes you happy and gives your life meaning, you should double down and practice until you have two broken ankles; we all get old and break down eventually, why worry? You're young and can still take a beating, don't die out too easily.

• First of all... go to the doctor... second of all... do what you love. Maybe shift into teaching younger girls to do it if you feel like you feel like you are getting too old? That way you can continue your passion without putting stress on your body. And your joints popping is totally normal, chances are you aren't hurting yourself very much in the long run anyway.

• Its quite normal... i once a sportman and i left it for engineering nd now i regret why i left sport... im not enjoying my engineering career

• It's your passion. Maybe take some time off to recuperate & heal, but read up on new techniques and practices. Coach those who are interested amd help them succeed. Im sure you'll find as much pleasure coaching as you do competing.

• give your self a rest but by definition a life of health fitness and excersise can't be bad for you

• Let your body rest and heal

• Well...

1. You look great.
    2. Yes you really should... Stay healthy n all that cause that's important.
    3. Find something more intellectually stimulating.

:)

Good luck lol

• Damn u cute asf wish that never happened so u could for fill your dreams

• If it’s truly your passion, I say recover and get back out there. But-recover... it’s important.

• Dont quit if u dont want to.

• Its your life. D29 what you want. But live with the consequences. But id seek medical attention

• Those that can't do teach

• Dont qwit... youl regret it forever

• Dont quit your passion

• You do not need to quit just maybe change your participation. What about coaching?

What Girls Said 4

• Being great is sometimes a lot of pain, I'm a dancer, and sometimes it takes a toll on my body. But I'm never giving it up because its my passion. Do what you love, yes its going to hurt sometimes, but loving it is you motivation to keep doing it. Put some ice on that and go to the hospital before it gets worse.

• Ugh I know how you feel!! I have a problem with my joints too xD. I've been seriously injured from a sport and it's one of the most devastating things I've ever experienced. I kept questioning whether I should continue. I actually quit but I found another passion and I'm concentrating on that now. Just go to the doctor and listen to their advice. The best thing you can do right now is heal and go back to cheerleading/gymnastics only if you want. Trust your gut and stay safe!

• Why quit?

• Follow your passion.