What do you do when you're sad and miss your ex?

1336

What Guys Said 36

• I try to remember the reasons why we broke up and remind myself that they are a package deal; if I went back to them, I would get all the good along with the bad.

I also remind myself about the good things that I had with my ex and I think about other relationships where I also got those same good things (like holding hands frequently or spooning when we go to sleep) and then I tell myself that I can find those things with other people, also.

• Take care of yourself. Think on how's your life going and whether you like it all or not. A classic approach is getting to do something you've always wanted to do, like grabbing an instrument, or changing your dress code, so you do not only feel like you've been over something new that made you grow up, but actually you look different as well.
    Feel free to pm if you want more suggs, but overall, in the long run time puts everything in their belonging place. :)

• pretty much anything else, i. e. try to be of service to other people, watch some comedy, hang out with friends the point is 1. you want to do something to get out of yourself ( hence service work or volunteering)
    2. you don't want to be alone

• I usually go into a bad state of depression for 6 months then emerge from my bedroom 2 years later and wonder where did the other 18 months go?

• remember why you broke up. thats what i do. then i feel angry afterwards and frustrated.

• nothing wrong with being sad about the end of a relationship, or missing a person who has been a part of your life.

feel it, it will pass. and remind yourself why it didn't work out so you don't get swamped in regrets.

• Keep busy , exercise a lot, start writing, or go on weekend or even day trips where u maybe go hike, indoor rock climbing, etc... or if you just can't do things without thinking of them, go out and find a new person who maybe looks similar or talks similar to the ex but make sure the personality is totally different. At least this way you have a new fixation.

• Everything in the beginning sounds realistic and something I coud do, but the second half, really? Does that actually work? I'd think it'd just make it harder...

Just asking because that's kinda what my ex did. It feels very weird, his new girl looks like me and has all the similar features he fell for in me. She even dresses now like me and they took (way too early on the relationship) the same sort of pet I have, together, even though he's allergic to it. And then he goes pining after me behind her back. I just don't get it!

• 7d

I sent you a friend request (or follow or what ever it is)

• 6d

I think it is a follow option thing... I have not mastered the follow people thing but nice to know I'm interesting enough to follow. Ty :)

• Fap lol

• Distract myself however possible

• When im sad i just wish i had a girlfriend in the first place 😕

• watch a movie play games play music... any hobby you have

• i realize that there are far more important things in life, than missing my ex

• Hang out with your friends and/or Family. Do something fun that gets your mind off of it.

• I don't have an ex

• I go outside and take a long walk.

• Cry. Remember.

• Consider the specifics about what you liked about them and for me realize how common those traits really are.

• Simply put - Fap. Works every damn time.

• Unfortunately there's no easy answer. Try to take it one day at a time, do things you enjoy and try to distract yourself, getting out of the house and being around is definitely a good idea, wallowing at home not so much. It gets better over time

• I jack off to their picture. I did that to both ex boyfriend and girlfriend

• I masturbate to porn to overcum the feelings of her

• I sing sad songs.

• Masturbate?

• Visit her fb profile and check pics

• Try do concentrate on my present girlfriend
    If am still single i try to date one

• Now I am not judging you, don't take it that way, I'm just curious: You can actually date someone/be in a relationship with someone when you stil miss your ex? How does that work? If you still miss your ex and are with a new girl, is that relationship serious or just something to keep your mind off of the ex?

• Missing my ex should not disturb my relation with a new girl coz u know nobody wants a new and more messy relatoinship you can connect to me on kik to know more of what i think
      Everybody has got their own point of view and perspective
      My kik id is ashnomore

• I wrote a dairy and write my feeling in it in a poetic way

• Typically i dont get sad but i just review the videos i made of us fucking and im in a better mood

• Masterbate

• Sleep.. have a dream of her..

• I just try to get busy in something

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 13

• Every single time my ex popped into my head I would do something so it took my mind off it, for example if it was during the day I'd call a friend and go out, or at night, which it usually was, i'd watch a video (s) and go to sleep

• I simply try to let go of that mood.
    He is an “ex” for a reason and I deserve better than him!
    I remind myself how awful it was to go though that shit (that I went through).

I am a very independent person but I have no funds to be independent on my own.
    If I had more money and my own car, I would go pick my best friend, drive out of town and have some fun! Get cute and flirt with sexy guys!!

• Cry, be bored, rethink the old memories... eat a tub of eye scream (lol, I wrote it like this on purpose)

• Do something to occupy myself. Talk with a friend. If it's really killing me, after a while I'll shoot them a text or something. Luckily with my ex he makes it very clear he doesn't give a shit about me, so when I text him it reminds me not to waste my time.

• Exercise, keep myself busy. Never give in and message him.

• I get angry and feel like punching him

• try and keep yourself busy

• I listen to songs thay remind me of him.

• Listening to music has a been a big help for me.

• Keep busy with friends doing activities I enjoy as a distraction, get some endorphins flowing through exercise to boost my mood and clear my head. Never give into the urge to get in touch.

For the guys that said madturbate, I'm curious, how/why does this work?

• I just sleep

• Hate my life, hate him and the woman he left me for. I cut and starve myself. I get close to crying, but no tears come out. I know I'll never be able to find love.

• Don't say that, don't ever put your happiness in the hands of someone else

• She doesn't care anymore, I live by myself in a college dorm. My dad left me when I was younger.

• Did your ex say he didn't want to work things out?

• I listen to music.