Text or ring after a period of no contact?

My ex broke with me up under 2 months ago and had no contact for over 2 weeks now. I wish to contact him to see how he is and what to do with his stuff at mine. What is the best way to make the first contact, text or ring? I'm worried if he answers phone it'll be awkward, or if I text it'll feel really lame after not talking for a while. Opinions please :)

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you want to get back with him then contact him either way text gives him the option of either contacting you if he wants or not. Calling makes it more confrontational...

What Guys Said 1

• just call and be cheerful, what are you worried about you have business to take care of, get his sh*t outta there asap.

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't contact him at all. If he wants his crap he should come get it when it suits you. Otherwise give it away to the salvation army, they probably need it more then he does!

• The best icebreaker is a text. Ringing him might make you feel awkward and bring up past memories, his voice etc. Just send him a text, saying hi, how are you? I was just wondering what do I do with your stuff? Thanks.

You won't sound lame, but nice, polite and friendly. If you feel a bit of anxiousness in texting him, take a deep breath. Just listen to your breathing and it will calm down.

if he replies, fine but if not don't worry about it.