Getting back out there?

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up about 3 days ago(she broke up with me but it was fairly mutual.) I was just wondering, what is the best way to get back out there into the dating scene. I'm 25 by the way.

11

What Girls Said 1

• Well first, don't go right out there again. A good rule of thumb is that you have half the time you were dating to get over her (so a six month relationship gives you three months to be sad, one year is six months, etc.). Wait a good amount of time, then go back to being your charming, single self again.

What Guys Said 1

• Whats the rush.. I'm 26 and have been single for about 3 months.. I love going out to parties doing my own thing. Think of it as a time to fix yourself and do things you haven't done.. And the funny part is when you do this stuff and you're not thinking about "getting back in the dating scene" the dating scene comes to you.. Just be active and social and you will prob find someone else.. just don't set a deadline otherwise you will A) be disappointed when you don't meet it and think something might be wrong with you, or B) finally find someone with potential and rush it because you're wanting something again... My rule to myself is, let the damn girl do all the moves for wanting to get serious. Have fun with them but if it will ever go to another level let them question it. I have had a few experiences where things were going great and then you ask to get a little more serious and it's like they throw a chair through the window and jump out and run away.. It's like well alright then.. Lol a little humor their of course but you get the gist.. Good luck man, just set some goals and have some fun and things will work out..