What does my ex girlfriend want from me? I've already moved on .

It has been 8months now that we had broke up , we were in 2years relationship back then , the breakup was painful for both of us , I decided not to talk to her anymore , she was against . She tried to get in touch some weeks after the break up without me replying .

Today I received an email from her , telling me that she wants to know what I've become , that she still misses me , and she wants to get in touch .

I've already moved on , I think she did too since I think she's in a relationship too .

I just want to know , why do you girls would like to open a broken book ..!

Cheers !

96

Most Helpful Girl

• wow you sound like my ex, the question here is why do you try to close the book on us? What did we do so horrible to you that we don't exist for you anymore?

But to answer your question first, she wants to see if you've changed or still the same guy she was with months ago. I'll explain it from my point of view, I myself am still trying to talk with my ex again but he doesn't consider me anything at all, not even a friend! -_- I try talking to him but all he does is give me one word answers which is unacceptable for me, when lonng time ago we were "hot" for each other and now he's being a d***.

So here might be some reasons she's contacting you:

1-she of course misses you

2- she wants to hear how you're doing and what you've been doing lately.

3- who do you hang out with still, and what do you talk about now.

4- where do you go at night?

5-do you have a girlfriend right now or are you single?

These will be the things I'd want to know about MY ex, I am positive so will your ex want to know all this.

You don't have to tell her but be kind to her, don't be a d*** like my ex and shut her out completely. Its really wrong and really uncalled for; because one day you may be still attached to one girl you dated and she'll be telling you "move on I am over you, don't contact me anymore". You'll be hurt and crushed, although you say this one has a boyfriend, but I highly doubt it...

• I have a question about your answer...i understand the reasons 1-4 but number 5 why would she want to know that or you want to know that for that fact? if he had a girlfriend now it would probably hurt you more or make you miss him more but if he told you he was single what would you do about it? especially if he felt something for you...im not attacking you or anything I just feel like after break ups girls want to know this question and I feel like they judge the girl in his next relationship

• Its just something I'd want to know for myself, even though I will get hurt in the long run, I will still be happy for him. Hey I still love my ex even though he moved on and so did I but I will always love him no matter what, so when I know he's dating someone new I would like to compare myself with her and see how she is and what he likes about this person and so on..

What Girls Said 8

• Hi Xahal,

2 years of a relationship isn't easy to forget. As it's said,the scars remain,and sometimes they remind you of the person and you miss that person. If she loved you than 8 months won't make her just stop missing you.

Breakups are hard,esp. when after years one of the person decides for whatever reason to move out and move on,the other person is left with no choice. Its painful.

She misses you,and hopes ! I believe her hopes still alive.

Now of course it's upto you. But don't ignore her,if you want to not give you both a thought message her a short message that you are fine and hoping she is as well. keep it short.

Girls don't want to open a broken book,they just want to try and sew the pages together !

• give her a short message back. don't pursue anything further. If she persist and bothers you, then she gets annoying. And what to do with super annoying people? you probably will have to block her off your every contact (facebook, myspace, cell phone company block etc)

• Sometimes girls can even move on , get with other guys but still be completely in love with someone else e.g. you. It can also sometimes take years to get over someone. Sometimes ignoring people , not responding or cutting off contact makes girls wonder and daydream.

She probably remembers all of the good times but keeping in contact would actually , probably help as she would know she hadn't lost you but would remember the reality and the reasons why you broke up in the first place.

I have this with my ex, I remember all of the good times we had and when he ignores my phone calls and it makes me crave after him more. Then when I meet up with him after about half a year I realize why we boke up and feel happy to leave it that way.

• Yeap yeap I have so been there...yea the ignoring stuff could make the person crave more

• Well, in my experience I always want to be friends with my exes because they were obviously cool people if we dated especially if it was for a long time. Plus there's always the what if's, what if we did break up or what if he was the one.

• im guessing she wants closure...especially if the relationship ended with you two not talking about what happened and why it ended.

• She obviously still cares about you, she wants you to be there when she needs you. You aren't going to be someone she'll forget. Just talk to her, don't avoid her. Maybe she needs you, and she'll be there when you need her too.

• I would just tell her you're doing fine and that you've been busy lately so you don't have time to see her. The girls I know use that when they want to get back with their boyfriends for whatever reason. They never got over them and did everything they could to get back with them and I'm pretty sure that's what she's trying to pull.

• 2 years is a long time to be in a relationship. and if she loved you there's a good chance that 8 months later she still does. whether she's in a relationship or not.

she probably just miss's you. I get that you ended on bad terms but to completely block someone out of your life when you've been with them for 2 years is heart breaking. sometimes worse than the actual breakup.

maybe she just wants you in her life as a friend.

What Guys Said 6

• she misses your attention...and um dude just because she is in another realtionship DOES NOT mean what so ever that she has moved on...girls are weird, some of them will get into a relationship and not care about hte other guy just to see how you'd react...some do it because they aren't independant, some do it because htey think they are over you then they realize that the new person their with doesn't give them that feeling...

are you 100% sure you are over her? would you be jealous or upset if she hooked up with a guy around you? how would you feel if you saw her again - do you know for sure you'd feel that way - give it a shot and see...i think its good you've found someone else, you've opened up your eyes to other options and know what its like to be with someone else...but by you asking this question I'm not so sur eyou are over here completely...otherwise youd say screw it and not give 2 flying phucks...i think you need to sit back and think...maybe you need to see what its like to reconnect with her again? maybe you should ask her to meet, talk to her, see how you really feel and if you're 100% convinced you're over her you need to tell her that she needs to move on and you don't want to hurt her and the reason you are doing this in person is so she can fully understand...do you need top tell your new girl your doing this..well if its going to cause a huge fight then NO but if not yes you should tell her...teh reason I say not to is because girls over react sometimes especially when it comes to your ex girlfriends...even tho your intension is to tell your ex off and say you don't want to hurt her, she won't necessarily take it that way...maybe she will? that's up to you to decide...

just take things slow, why not ask her what she's looking for out of you? ask yourself some questions about her to see if you are really over her and the last test to confirm it, is see her in person - everythings different in person, you never know what could happen...but be careful of yoru own emotions as well and if you care about her you need to tell her off in a nice way, in person

• Girls are so weird. I say annoy her for another week than tell her You are dating a super model and have no need for her. Take care.

• If the relationship was that long 2 yrs. Its surely going to leave a mark. I know my girlfriend talks about her ex boyfriend enough. I know that she was very into this guy and enough though she moved on she think about him I'm sure.

A relationship will take YEARS [in my mind] to really kill. She obviously is still thinking about you and will continue to until in her mind she has found someone better. Until then, she is likely to call or try to keep in touch.

Best thing is not to talk and ignore her. Its better for her to not see any possibility that there is a potential to get back together again. Especially if you have moved on and really don't have any interest in her.

A book closed, should be left closed. Its better for her and for you.

All The Best

• I'm in the same situation and I also can't see the point of asking from time to time "how's you"

Why bring up the old sh*t just out of curiosity, it hurts and it makes think of the past...

Girls just want to have it all...

• I had the same problem a while back. I had to change my number and most of my contact info!

• I think some girls that are possessive like to feel that they can have some control over their exes. I never got why people want to remain close after they broke up. But that's just me. At this point she could reveal how great she is doing to sort of mess with you.