Why does it hurt so much?

My girlfriend broke up with me this morning, and the entire day I've felt like s***. Why does it hurt so freaking much? :'(

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Man it happens to everyone at some stage don't think you are the only one or there is something wrong with you, there is something wrong with her and it is just a shame that what is wrong with her has to manifest itself in the form of breaking up with you. It is going to hurt I won't lie, right now look after yourself delete her number so you don't say anything foolish you will regret later block her updates off facebook etc it will only make you feel worse. And REMEMBER it is her loss afew months down the road you will think back and say I can't believe I felt like you do now TRUST ME !

What Girls Said 3

• You'll probably go through the stages of grief, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Denial tends to be like she will come back and we had so many good times, anger is being mad that she is stupid enough to throw away something so good, bargaining is going to her and telling her you can change and you'll do anything for her, you sound like you are in depression, and finally will come acceptance. You'll realize the relationship had its good times but it had faults and that you are both better off being apart. Trust me, the pain will pass.

• It's natural... being broken up with sucks. You've just got to remember you're better off without her, and you deserve someone who cares for you as much as you care for them. Of course it hurts if you cared for the person, but life goes on, and you'll get over it, though you can't expect to the day of the break up... healing takes some time.

• It's obvious why it hurts. You loved her and you spent time with her and now you miss her :(

What Guys Said 2

• Hey man, I know how it feels to lose somebody you been close with for like a long while.

It does suck but just to let you know there are also other people who are like you right now in this current state.

And there are also people like those who give a helping hand to get you back up and to live on.

The girl who replied to this question is one of those people, and so am i. Take care man. There's a better girl for you. Hang in there.

• Because you opened your heart to her. It's what allowed you to feel the joy you likely felt while with her, but, at the same time, it left you at the risk of exposure to the wrenching agony that is heartbreak. It's a sign of the passion you had for her.

Of course, having been single my whole life, I wouldn't quote me on that.