What do you do when all your friends move on?

I know everyone's just gonna say go meet new people but I have a very hard time doing that and I'm not really surrounded by people anxious to make new friends. Most my friends I have made where from high school and all of them have either moved after graduating or have started a family and have no interesting in hanging out anymore. Any ideas or insight would be helpful?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I lost the majority of my close friends last year... it sucks, and I'm like you--don't really make new friends too easily. I do have about 2 or 3 friends who stuck with me, but honestly, I don't even really enjoy spending time with them a whole lot. Right now I'm just trying to focus on me and learning to be happy with myself as is... I think if I can do that I'll gain some confidence and along with the confidence maybe a few new, better friends. Obviously that hasn't happened yet, though, so I can't give you any sure advice, but that's what I'm trying!

• Thats kind of where I am except I only have one friend who would still want to hang out.

What Girls Said 3

• Try something you have never done before, re-invent yourself! Look at what you liked about the past to determine how you should go about re-inventing yourself. Did you play sports in high school? try a new sport! were you into art? try a pottery class! Follow your interests to a new you, you never know where they could take you! Only set aside a little time to dweel in the past and try on a new prespective!

• come and talk to me sweetheart Ill help and stuff ?

• Alright you want me to send like a friend invite or somehting?

• i grew up moving around A LOT so losing friends is nothing new to me Evertime I move I do seem to make friends, but most of the time they're school friends and nothing else. I rarely hang out with them outside of school. I have not had a true BEST friend since I was like 10. long-lasting friendships are almost foreign to me. I see them on MySpace or facebook keeping in touch with each other and they rarely do with me. this is partly my fault because I'm horrible at keeping in touch with people anyway, but it would be nice if they tried. So I know what you mean when it feels like they've all moved on and it seems like they've forgotten about you when you still remember them. But yea what I do is just enjoy the friends/acquaintances I come across...even if they don't last long. at least you can say it was nice knowing them while you did. Keep talking to people and you'll make friends. it's always better to have at least some kind of people you can talk to...even if it's just at school/work. you might even find another group of people you can hang out with outside of school/work.

What Guys Said 3

• well at 25 I've definity been through a lot of this , the last few years I seem to make friends at work or college and there good friends for a time then there gone or I move away . I don't know friendships don't seem to last as long as they should .

its weird cause a lot of people that I was good friends with just a couple years ago , I don't hear from anymore at all

anyways I think you just need to focus on meeting new people

• Well I do go to college and there's people I meet and I think oh this is nice but after the semiesters over that's it. They have no interest in hanging out or I just don't see them again either.

• I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way for a long time after my friends who I had known since pre-school moved away after high school. I felt really depressed for a while cause we always said we would be friends forever and then they all left and I haven't seen any of them since. I was depressed because I always felt that they were one of a kind and I would never meet anyone as cool as them or anyone else who I had has as much as common with. But I can tell you right now from experience that feeling is only temporary. I have since met people who I felt like I had known my whole life and developed some awesome friendships with.There's a whole world of awesome people out there you just haven't found yet. I know this sounds corny but no matter how awesome or one of a kind you think someone is there's always someone better out there. Same thing with girls. Hang in there.

• Yeah I been for the most part just hanging out by myself. Not to say I haven't made attempts to make new friends but if it isn't ment to be it isn't ment to be.

• Yeah, you guessed it - find some new friends. This time make sure they're actually REAL friends, who won't abandon you in situations like the ones you described.