The ex comes crying and I get ditched?

I've been talking and getting pretty involved with a new guy over the last month or two and I was warned ahead of time (by himself and friends) that he wasn't over his ex who broke up with him a month prior to us meeting and getting close. I had my guard up for a while knowing the given situation but couldn't help but start to fall for him. We saw each other every day and spent time with him before I put him to sleep every night. He's always been honest and straight forward with me, and most recently he told me he met up with his ex after work for a cup of coffee to catch up. I wasn't upset mainly because I appreciated the honestly. But the day after he was holding a party for a close friend and when I got there after I closed at my job he was no where to be found which was strange. I had to ask numerous people where he was before someone actually spilled the beans. Apparently he had left the party because of some drunken drama between his ex and her brother. So I texted him to find out if everything was alright, and he never responded. It's been about two days now and I automatically assume something happened between his ex and him. I'm about 90% sure that something is going on between them again. I'm obviously upset but like I said I was warned about his past relationship status and would just like opinions on whether or not I was used, if he's blowing me off cause he doesn't want to hurt me or what. I'd appreciate all inputs!

12

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds like you were the rebound or he might of even been dating you to make the ex jealous in an attempt to win her back . the fact he hasn't even been in contact with you since this party is a clear sign something happened and you should prepare yourself for the news that he has moved on as its a possibility , anyways I think he still likes the ex based on what you said

• Right. I had a feeling. Like I said I'm not necessarilly upset because I got myself into this but he's been honest with me this whole time about everything that I'm surprised he hasn't come clean with what's going on yet.

• Yeah the no contact thing is weird , it could be he does not know what to say to you yet about this . some people just don't like awkward conversations like this

What Guys Said 1

• Wait, what happened between him and her brother? Are you sure he's alright?

What Girls Said 1

• Well, that would be considered using you, but the thing is you really allowed it to happen by disregarding the fact that he wasn't over his ex. If you wanted something serious with the guy, you should've run screaming when he told you that, because obviously he didn't feel the same way. I'm sorry for you and I'm sure it must suck to be in your position, but in all honesty you put yourself there. So in my opinion the best thing you can do is move on and learn from your mistake.