"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?"

Has anyone here witnessed a meteor shower before? Or any other similar celestial events?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I watched a meteor shower just a couple weekends ago, but it was by no means my first. I was sitting up on this hill with a friend in his truck on a dirt road I often drive out on away from town, and we kept leaning out each others' windows, spotting all these 'shooting stars' for hours and hours. It was unusual, but we didn't think much of it at the time, haha. Then come to find out a couple days later, there was a meteor shower going on all weekend. So then we had one of those, 'ohhhh' moments and everything made a lot more sense. =P It wouldn't have been as good if we'd decided to stay in town that night, obviously. Luckily we had planned all along to head out to the middle of nowhere, so we could see the sky at its best. Who knows, we may not have even noticed the meteors otherwise, haha.

What Guys Said 2

• Yep its heaps better away from the city camping the sky is more clearer and you see so many more stars...

• Sitting down outside to look for shooting stars I find to be kind of boring. Plus my neck hurts after awhile. If I'm trying to do work on a chick, I will lay down outside and watch with her and pretend I'm interested in what she's saying. Otherwise, no.

• Lol. "Pretend." Nice one.

• I'm only listening maybe 30% of the time anyway, why lie about it?

What Girls Said 2

• I saw a shooting star once and then once I saw this is object that moved weird in the sky but it was when I was a kid so I don't know if I was tired or something.

• yes, I love stargazing.