If you let a guy know you like him, would he let you know if he had a girlfriend?

I do not know this guys dating situation, but this guy shows signs that he likes me -- staring, etc, so after some flirting and me trying to send signals that I was interested (although I heard guys don't get signals well), I decided to let him know that I like him. As a result, I have been getting positive feedback...hellos, waving, smiling, blushing, which is giving me the impression that he definitely feels the same, although he hasn't spoken to me about it. Since I do not know his dating status, I have a question. IF he is already dating someone, then wouldn't he go ahead and let me know, now that he knows that I like him? Or is this positive feedback his way of letting me know he is interested until he gets the courage to act on it? What would the guy do?
4
1