Is it too late? Will my ex contact me again after randomly texting him?

I just have a simple question, and I hope you all will be open and honest with your answers. When my ex broke up with me last February after just 4 months. I took it hard. He told me he wasn't ready for a commitment, and that he didn't know what he wanted. We had a very close, fun, happy relationship. He wanted to remain friends, but I wasn't sure if I was ready for that. We hooked up a few times since then, the last time was 3 months ago. I truly believe my ego was greatly affected by the way I handled the break up, I wasn't ready to let him go. I had never been "dumped" before. I wanted him back so bad, and I still do. The thing is, when I would text him (few and far between), he would sometimes answer, then he wouldn't respond for days. That affected me. I thought it was rude. I would tell him this by texts. He finally told me I needed to stop sending random texts, that he can talk to me, and I needed to stop these crazy texts. In my defense, I would be friendly, and funny when I would text, and gave him plenty of opportunity to respond. Well, I decided to stop ALL contact (it's been 4 days). Is there a chance he will eventually contact me after disappearing and NC?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• You are way past NC. You slept with him after, he told you he didn't want a relationship. I'm sorry that you are going through this but life is too short to wait for something that isn't promised. The sooner you let go of ihm, the sooner you will move on and the pain will go away. I promise!

My ex told me that when I stop responding to her that it was the "best thing" I could have done to help her out. With time she saw that, I didn't have to respond and by me moving on it forced her to do the same.

The person you should be worried about is you. Don't worry about what he is up too. When you do, you are still acting like he is apart of your life, when he clearly isn't. It's hard to repair a broken relationship and even though you can't see it now, you will see that it's easier to move on then it is to go back. You just need more time. This is a blessing in disguse. You are gonna learn so much about yourself, as long as you starting loving yourself more and love him less as the days go by.

• WoW..Thank you for that. That really helped...ALOT! =)

• :) I'm glad. hang in there girl. You'll get through this.

What Guys Said 1

• There's always a chance but it sounds like this relationship is gone. I know you loved him but it is time to move on with your life. There's no point in dwelling in the past.

• Thanks..as much as I hate to hear that, I know I need to do this for myself. It's harder because I felt like my weakness ruined any chance to get him back. But I know deep down I need to move on.

What Girls Said 1

• I completely understand where you are coming from. It's all about time. I don't know about you, but I am not a patient person. I wish I knew some magic words to say to you to turn off the pain and hurt. Leave him be... Who knows...maybe he will wonder why you haven't contacted him and wonder what you are up too for a change. But I believe right now you need to focus on yourself and about moving on. Everyday that goes by gets easier and one day at the end of the night you will think to yourself "wow, I didn't think about him at all today!" Make it a game...have it where if you don't text your ex for a week, reward yourself with a pedicure or something you enjoy. Positive reinforcement works. Then you will start to feel good about yourself. Change his name in your phone to "Don Not Text." to remind yourself to not text him. You'll be fine. Good luck!

Sometimes things fall apart, so better things can fall together-Marilyn Monroe

• Thank you so much Stacey!! The best advice a girl could ever get! It's been 5 days so far, and I'm going to do exactly what you said. ;-) Thanks again... =)

• Did he respond to the text?

• No he didn't, but a couple days later, I decided that I didn't want to text him anymore. I called him, and he answered. I was surprised. We had a really nice talk, like no time had passed. He told me to be safe, because it was Labor Day weekend, then when I said I'll let you go, he said, I'm glad you called. I was being all giddy, because I was so happy to be talking to him. It was nice to hear his voice. But, the ball is in his court now. I made my move, now I guess time will tell....