Is it bad that I don't mind being single anymore?

Suddenly I just don't feel the need to be in a relationship anymore.

1135

Most Helpful Girl

• Neither do I. Some people might think it is but it's way better than being single and suffering over it. It doesn't mean you'll always feel that way but right now you do and that's fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• Somehow, I doubt that to be the case. For several reasons:
    1. You posted anonymously. The only reason to hide yourself is if you're ashamed of being single.

2. You posted in the first place. It's kind of a cry for help be suggesting that you're ok with being single.

3. With the exception of a very small percentage of human beings, all people need companionship in one form or another. This can be in the form of a partner, friends... or a pet. The problem with the latter two is that your friends will likely fade away when they find a relationship and start a family, while pets... well... they usually have shorter life spans than us unless you get a parrot or turtle.

If you truly feel at peace being single and lonely, what need is there to advertise your happiness?

What Girls Said 10

• Relationships take work... you have to click with a person on so many levels for it to be a success. Its tough

• It's perfect to be at peace with yourself. It can be relieving at times. Loads of time to work on yourself, too.

• That's good. You're independent.

• how could you even think about it, go out there and finds a partner rn

• No not at all I've been single for 15 years now

• It is a great thing. I wish I was able to experience that in my life. It actually teaches you what hour own priorities are.

• I don't mind being single it's a good thing because it's time for you and you don't really have to worry about another person and all the stress that comes with it. Also being single let's you figure out what you want to do with and how you choose to handle things.

• y would anyone mind being single? that shits gr8

• No, that's a good thing. I think its a sign of maturity when people are happy enough with themselves to not feel that a relationship is a necessity.

• I wish I was there yet but I'm getting pretty close
    @txdiie_

What Guys Said 34

• There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it means you're maturing and becoming more responsible. When the right person comes along, you'll know it and before long, you won't be single anymore.

As long as you've at least played the dating game for awhile, then it's okay to stay single as long as you're happy with it until that special someone just drops into your life.

• It's quite normal to feel frustrated at least some of the time if you're single. Meeting someone is often purely random, so don't give up hope.
    If you're happy with your life as a single person, that's perfectly OK.

• Dude don't worry, sometimes it's a personal choice too! I know I have stepped aside from the dating game! Mostly because I don't want girls to have to go through struggles when being in a relationship with me, it's sometimes better to be single anyway, less money spent, no time wasted and lots of time to sled improve.

• Better to be alone and happy, then miserable and together.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being yourself even if it's being by yourself.

• Yeah that was kind of like before I had my first girlfriend. When I never had a girlfriend before I really wanted to have one since I thought it would be super awesome. It was super awesome but since I already experienced it once I don't really mind being single anymore.

• Nope! Being single is the shit!

• It's fine. Do what you need to do. Just try not to go all MGTOW (apparently that's a thing) on us.

• Not bad

• No, why would it be bad? It's good to be independent. It's bad to want to be in a relationship with any random girl, just to avoid being alone.

• It's bad that you should think it's bad somehow. It's not.

• Not at all. I've felt that way for a while now. There's benefits to being single and it's enjoyable to not worry about being with someone.

• No. What matters is if you are open to relationships in the future with confidence.

One more thing you should add to the list of "i dont mind" is being rejected. As long as your efforts were good.

• Congratulations man, you made it to the other side now enjoy your freedom

• Yeah i agree with you sometimes it's better to be single.

• Why is that

• Except from sex and having kids, there is nothing a woman can do for me I can't do for myself. And I don't want kids.

• Nah, it's normal, it's sometimes better to just think of yourself rather than having to also worry about what another person thinks

• Bad? No. If you're happy then you're happy. Good for you

• Completely normal.

• you're safer and more productive focusing on yourself

• Absolutely not. Eventually with bad relationships or just relationships not working out, you can get used to and be okay with being single, and there's nothing wrong with that

• It's your life is you're satisfied then you do you

• That's called maturity

• Nope. Sometimes it's better

• It feels good to be able to put yourself first for once

• Just hit it and quit it? Smart man! Wish I was that smart

• No. I think it's a good thing. Relationships are more often than not a waste of time.

• Enjoy brotha

• Yes, you will one day.

• Going on a right track buddy

• More from Guys
    4