Why do you think some marriages end in a divorce?

• Not enough sex
    Vote A
  • Too much arguing
    Vote B
  • No communication
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My first marriage ended mainly due to my mother in law who seemed to rule the house with an iron rod, even her husband was frightened of her. I was the only person who had ever stood up to her, and she made my ex-wife so unhappy because she would not stop interfearing, she was an all time bitch. Before we were married she was laying down the law on what our wedding would be like, this upset my ex and I just said pack a bag we on't have to put up with this shit and she came to stay with me and my parents for about 3-4 days and let the bitch stew in her own juices as we say here.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Many people get married for the wrong reason, plain and simple. When you hear about the issues a lot of couples have, you wonder what made them think they had any business being married in the first place.

They also love lying about fire dying down, and once being so madly in love, a lot of people were unhappy before the marriage.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Marriage has been devalued so much that people don't even look at it like a lifelong commitment anymore and I think that makes them more likely to get into marriage with someone they may not be suited for. After all you can always get a divorce, right?

Not only that, because they can always get divorced that means that they can always leave. They think that if it doesn't work out they can always find someone else. And worse, if they find someone better that could be a reason to divorce.

0|1
    0|0
  • Selfishness.

Always worried about yourself, putting yourself first, demanding and expecting to get your way, feeling entitled, that you deserve things.

They work when you love each other more than your self and each person is focused on pleasing their partner and putting their needs first. When two people are focused on pleasing each other things usually last.

0|0
    0|0
  • E. All of the above along with countless other reasons. Take this from a guy who was married nine years. You have to be able to trust your spouse and vice versa. Have a mental list of deal breakers for relationships and stick to it! It can always change and evolve, but the core principles remain the same. DO NOT ever believe you can change him, it will not work. I could go on. Message for more if you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • the more long term a relation is, the more routine kicks in, killing communication, bringing down sexual libido. more work pressure to keep a family going so more stress. if a person expects a relationship to remain on fire forever its an over expectation. it will have ups and downs and the couple needs to be mature enough to cope and refresh things to keep as much ups and as little downs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Believe it or not, lack of communication is the number one leading cause of divorces, followed by marriage for the wrong reasons, lack of identity (they are too co dependent), lack of intimacy, expectations, Money, non sexual contact, too many differences, and infidelity was the last one.

0|0
    0|0
  • It usually involves one or both people getting selfish.

Many reasons include
    Fiscal Issues
    Cheating
    Addictions
    Abuse
    Communication Issues
    Etc

1|2
    0|0
  • I think... by watching romantic movies... subconsciously people expect their love and sex life to higher expectation but becasue of lack of communication they aren't satisfied which leads to argument and divorce...

0|0
    0|0
  • The men didn't take the women out for a test drive. Obviously didn't ask the milage, how eco friendly she is, what the engine size is... And they certainly didn't ask if she had NOS.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's one of two things. Either one spouse does something that the other finds unforgivable, or it's an accumulation of things that eventually make the couple incompatible.

0|0
    0|0
  • My therapist says it's this:

1. Lack of (constructive) communication
    2. Money
    3. Lack of constructive communication about money

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the above. It almost always boils down to selfishness though. No room in a marriage for selfishness.

0|0
    0|0
  • because she met Tyrone down the street

0|0
    0|0
  • People rushing into a marriage and having unrealistic expectations.

0|1
    0|0
  • She got what she needed from him and now she moved on

0|1
    1|0
  • YUP, thought so. No communication. Like me and my ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the above. Lots of factors combine to end marriages

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the woman gets bored and wants a divorce

0|1
    1|0
  • A thousand reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people are shit plain and simple