What's the one lesson it took you a long time to learn from your past relationships?

What's the one lesson it took you a long time to learn from your past relationships?For a long while I refused to learn that "Crazy makes you Crazy." Meaning if someone started showing signs of mental instability I kept dating them thinking it was me that made them that way.

What about you?

1611

Most Helpful Girl

• Kind of agree with you. A person i dated CLEARLY showed symptoms of mental illness (es), - depression, bipolar (? It was a genetic thing that he "didnt have" but feels like he did) and sociopathic behaviors. Due to the sociopath one, he kind of manipulated the image he gave to people and seemed as a sensible and hurt little baby that instantly brought up ANY woman's maternal side.

This said, I was awfully manipulated in this sinkhole where he would lie and then cry. It was exhausting.

Moral of the story:don't ignore the red flags. 😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Never date someone on the rebound who just got out of a relationship. 99% of the time it ends up being a disaster and it took me 2 times to realize that I'll never do this again, at least if I can avoid it.

The 2nd time I made an excuse because she was cute and we had a lot of common interests which backfired big time when it ended because I wouldn't wanna think of those common interests and I'd run into her at concerts which would make it take longer to get over it.