What's the one lesson it took you a long time to learn from your past relationships?

What's the one lesson it took you a long time to learn from your past relationships?For a long while I refused to learn that "Crazy makes you Crazy." Meaning if someone started showing signs of mental instability I kept dating them thinking it was me that made them that way.

What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Kind of agree with you. A person i dated CLEARLY showed symptoms of mental illness (es), - depression, bipolar (? It was a genetic thing that he "didnt have" but feels like he did) and sociopathic behaviors. Due to the sociopath one, he kind of manipulated the image he gave to people and seemed as a sensible and hurt little baby that instantly brought up ANY woman's maternal side.

This said, I was awfully manipulated in this sinkhole where he would lie and then cry. It was exhausting.

Moral of the story:don't ignore the red flags. 😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Never date someone on the rebound who just got out of a relationship. 99% of the time it ends up being a disaster and it took me 2 times to realize that I'll never do this again, at least if I can avoid it.

The 2nd time I made an excuse because she was cute and we had a lot of common interests which backfired big time when it ended because I wouldn't wanna think of those common interests and I'd run into her at concerts which would make it take longer to get over it.

What Girls Said 15

• There is a huge difference between love and lust.

• -loving how the person is treating you AND being in love with a person is totally different
    -doing extra effort to make things work while your partner is doing done means you just have to call it quits

• Long distance relationships SUCK.

• Be present in the moment because it's all you truly have, and no one can predict the future.

• Something I learned is that you need to have enough respect for yourself to call it quits. If someone keeps screwing you over and you keep letting them back in then they will never learn and they will lose their respect for you.

• That people that truly care about you can fuck up on you.

• You shouldn't have to walk through help and back over and over again for your partner

• Loving and being in love are two compete different matters.

• Take things slow. I feel like all my past relationships were rushed.

• dont be blinded by love to let guys play with your feelings dont do everything in hopes he will take you back and sometimes you dont need a bad boy sometimes all i need is a gentleman

• I have no plans in entering a relationship.

• Not all guys are the same, but they have similar motives.

• The golden rule

• Don't do things that you don't want to do to make someone happy just to make you want to die

• That men will always be sensitive and manipulative

What Guys Said 10

• sometimes you have to realise its not happening or not going to work out , can't try and force them into something that isn't happening or working

• similar lesson. selfish bitch will be a selfish bitch regardless of that little seed of kindness you "can see".

• That when you bust a broad in a lie.. she's a liar.

• That I am a terrible judge of character.

• Don't be afraid to show how you really feel

Make sure you date someone with similar values

• Not past and not long relationship but what i learned is that the boy always ends the conversation and you need to be reliable

• Never trust blindly.

• Don't expecting from the partner to be that "half that I miss" to complete me... Giving her to much responsibility... Start a relationship AWARE that I'm complete and I can give at the relationship all that I can!!

• is it the 1% of people who really can be trusted? or the. 99% thant can not ever be fully trusted. haven't found one 1%er yer

• Trust you'r gut