My boyfriend has fallen out of love with me... What's going on in his head?

I was with my boyfriend for a little over a year. It was a long distance relationship but I was very in love with him and he was desperately in love with me, to the point where I was sure he loved me more than I loved him. Things were pretty much perfect up until the 3 weeks when our relationship turned sour. He asked me if in the future I would marry him, and we even talked about children. He had told me that I was absolutely the one and I still heartily believe he is.

We had a huge fight right before I went camping. His argument was that I didn't love him enough and that I wasn't proving to him that I loved him. The thing here was that this argument took place over text messages because the speaker in his phone was damaged, so the issue was probably blown way out of proportion. I had gotten a letter in the mail while I was camping from him, stating that he still loved me but he wanted to spend some time apart. I got home and we talked about it, and I learned that he fooled around with another girl. I got mad at him, and he decided to break it off with me, saying that 'when you are ready to be with me again, you let me know.'

i backpedaled instantly, afraid to lose him. we dealt with this issue over the phone and solved it, and he said that I should probably come up to his house over the weekend. at this time he still believed that I was the one and wanted to be with me forever. So I went up to his house, and things seemed great at first. We talked about the girl he had a thing with and he said that it helped him gain perspective, that while it was nice and all, there was no emotional attachment to her like there was to me when we do things. But on the last day, I noticed that he wasn't looking at me or touching me in the same way as he used to. So while I was on the way home, I texted him, and he seemed miserable. So, after a few messages sent back and forth, I learned that he didn't think he wanted to be with me anymore and that over the past couple of days, he had fallen out of love with me and that we weren't right for each other.

When I got home, he agreed to call me up to talk about it. I needed closure. I had asked him everything, and basically what I got was that:

1) He still cared about me even though he didn't love me anymore

2) Parts of him still wanted to be with me

3) If he could choose to love me, he would

4) He couldn't find one specific reason to fall out of love with me

5) I asked him if there was a chance if he could ever love me again and he said yes

I'm not a believer in fairy tales. I'm a realist when it comes to these things. But I still love him madly. I don't know if this is something that he's just going through, or something that can be fixed with time, or something permanent. But since this was, for both of us, the longest, happiest, and deepest relationship, I have trouble believing that it could just end in 3 weeks.

Can you tell me what's going on in his head? I don't know!

Please help!

Thank you!

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• That it's time for him to move on.