Is it fair to just move on?

The first few months, it felt like a whirlwind, but I wasn't sure from his actions whether he just wanted to sleep with me or whether he wanted me for a girlfriend.

After winter break, he started giving off mixed signals. We would make dates and then he would cancel. One time it was an hour before we were supposed to meet up and he said he had to cancel because a friend was in town.

But he would keeping looking at me during class. During the last week of class, he made sure he had a chance to see me, again. ("Are you going to be in (this lecture) on (this day)?") A few weeks passed and a few emails. He suddenly emails me if I want to go see a movie 2 hours before it's showing. But I didn't see it until afterwords. So he gets irritated I didn't get the email.

It's just starting to feel like he's setting up dates either he can't make or purposefully so I won't be able to make, like checking when I have an exam that he knows is important to me, and then asking me to go out suddenly the day before the exam to go party. So when I say I can't, I have to study and sleep, he gets irritated at why I can't make it. I tried talking to him about it but he keeps dodging the questions. Yet, we still keep up emails about mundane things.

Is he trying his best, is he afraid of something I have no clue about, or is he trying to get me to reject him? Either way, even though I don't know what the heck happened, should I move on?

11

What Guys Said 1

• That sounds like a very bad way to "make you think he doesn't really care".

He might be using a *dating manual*, which usually says "don't let the girl think that she is everything to you".

Well that's bullsh*t. so just move on, and leave him a note, saying "stop reading dating manuals".

What Girls Said 1

• he canceled an hour before? it sounds like you're not that important to him if he always cancels on you. I would stop hanging out with him. I mean even if ya'll were just friends he doesn't sound like a good friend at the least.