How can you not miss your ex?

Unless they were just awful and treated you terribly, how can someone not miss their ex? Mine told me he didn’t and it really hurt because we had an awesome relationship and not a nasty breakup.

723

Most Helpful Guy

• Because I know she wasn’t the one for me. She’s my ex for a reason, we were never meant to be. Sure it sucks and your emotions are assholes. But as long as you remember that your match is out there somewhere and as you progress as a human you will come to a point where you will find that person more easily. Life experience seems to do that in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're over them, then you won't miss them. Maybe you'll think back and be like "ah, that time was awesome" but that doesn't necessarily mean that you miss them. I have drifted apart from a few old friends. It just became a bit harder to keep in touch, we grew apart. I wish them all the best in life, but I don't miss them. I can recognize that we've grown apart and we simply have different lives now, with different people in them.
    Some people are just really good at leaving the past in the past. If what he says is true, it just means that he has moved on now. You are simply not a part of his life anymore, at least not in the way you were when you were together.
    I understand that it might hurt but at the same time, you should try to not miss things that are in the past and you can't do anything about anymore. I'm sure your relationship was awesome, but it would be much healthier for you to live in the moment and look forward to the future. You can cherish the past, but missing it is what's really hurtful here.

What Guys Said 22

• Mine cheated on me
    I didn't miss her
    But took me 6 years to be comfortable enough to get into another relationship

• Distract yourself with things that make you happy and fulfilled. Relationships are not the most important thing in life. Spend time working on what else life has to offer.

• I had an awesome relationship but nasty breakup I missed her for about 2 months and then I start to move on a month later I met somebody else. Sometimes it's best just to walk away from a situation and hopefully meet somebody new

• People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Know what a relationship is/was and appreciate it, but accept the relationship for what it was.

• Why did you break up?

• I don't miss my ex because I fell outta love and broke up with her after. I basically stopped loving her, so I don't really miss her.

• I can understand that it hurts but not missing you is not that bad. At some point you have to come to terms with the fact that you are no longer together. So no missing you doesn't mean he/. She doesn't care. If the relationship was as wonderfull as you say he always will. And indeed he might have told you a small lie to encourage you to move on.

• Depending on who you are. Over time you slowly learn to forget about them and move on. It just takes time, and depends on your commitment to them.

• He could've lied to spite you.

• It's very easy. I move on.

• I don't think it's possible he is probably trying to hide his feeling because for some stupid reason us male type or not allowed to have emotions so we hide them

• Murder them.

• Maybe he just moved on faster.

• Because feelings change

• It will take time but you shouldn't wait to long to try to get back out there but friends and family should help if not get new friends

• Because time heals wounds... So i Like thinkin Back... But time is changing everyday so search 4 new Love...

Sounds difficult but its really good

• If you can just stop loving someone, then you never really loved them at all

• It is probably a lie. It is said to appear strong.

• Kinda heartless of him to say: "Didn't miss ya at all".

• Wait... u Will miss until u mend your heart and find someone ho realy deserves u.

• Meet other boy like me :p

• May be lie

What Girls Said 6

• if you're bored, or you felt they were bringing you down more than adding to your life. Some break ups just feel like a relief, a breath of fresh air if you've been putting it off for too long, or felt controlled/ inhibited in the relationship

• I missed mine at first but what exactly did I miss... him getting another girl pregnant, disrespecting me, talking down to me. Yes we had good times but the bad was more than the good so I had to walk away.

• it's best not to avoid your feelings, just let yourself miss that person. The quicker you let your'e emotions out, the quicker you'll be on the road to get over them.

• He’s just moved on faster than you, it’s okay, you’ll get over him sooner or later too

• I never missed any of my exs, I left them for a reason and if we mutually broke up, I really thought about it so why would I miss them?

• Why should i miss him. I am done.