She cheated and promised she would prove to me I could trust her again, but hasn't even tried to since?

OK so my ex cheated on me, and I've been very depressed but part of me is willing to give her another chance, only if she proves herself, because I am in love with her simple as that.. but she has said she will and she loves me and wants me back, yet in the past week since it happened, she has done nothing of a sort, yea I've pushed her away and told her there will never be an us again, but she has made no effort to try and connect with me or understand what I'm going through, maybe if she pushed and tried harder id be able 2 see that she wants me back and is honestly sorry but she hasn't done that.. even tho she has said she will prove 2 me we can be okay again.. now I'm stuck calling her all the time because I can't cope with this.. I miss her, I'm not ready to forgive or forget but in time maybe if she made the effort... why would she not be making the effort? if she was genuine and honestly sorry would she not be throwing herself at me?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• If your not ready to forgive her then your not ready to get back with her. Suggest some time apart.

This will let her know that your serious about your decission and give her time to think about what's she's done. If you forgave her strait away she is given the impression that you are a push over and she can do it again. You need to be firm about this.

Yes it could be a mistake and yes she might not do it again, but she has to earn your trust and respect back and diving strait back in where you left off doesn't solve anything.

Just tell her you don't think that she's making enough effort and you would like a month of no contact to clear you head and deicde what you want to do. She'll soon start to worry about you with other women don't worry :)

What Girls Said 3

• im sorry to say this but I have been that girl:( maby she did cheet and was previously looking to end the relationship.cheeting could just be an escape goat.if she was telling you she wanted to make it all better maby she feels guilty that she hert you and couldn't cope with herting you.i don't think she feels like you think she should because it dosnt her her as much as it herts you.the relationship may be over and you probly still have feelings for her but it sounds like she just didn't wanna loose you that maby dosnt mean she wants you back.

• ...If I were you, I would never forgive her. I think she considers you an alternative option.

You can forgive her but don't start dating her again.If you want to give her a second chance, go for it, but I'm sure you 'll never move on with the thought that she has cheated on you in the past.So no, in my opinion you shouldn't be with her.Sea is plenty of fish.Anyway...Good luck...

• She doesn't like you as much as you like her. You need to let her go

Also, maybe she's not making an effort, because you're the one calling all the time. Try going for a week without contact

What Guys Said 2

• Let this be a lesson learned: once a girl cheats...she is out FOREVER! Never EVER take an ex back. Once a cheater, ALWAYS a cheater! I can understand that you love her and care about her but that doesn't change the fact of what SHE did to you. Your young and your going to make ill advised decisions. You already suffered enough, please don't put yourself through any more hell. Her loyalty is gone for good. Don't buy into any of her sweet talk. You got your proof that she is fake: she tells you she's gonna prove to you that she'll fix things BUT she hasnt. You have your answer so whatever you do...dont take her back, stay strong and you will find someone 10 times better. Take care!

• Odds are she's going to cheat on you again. She might not even feel that bad for cheating on you. She could just be giving you space because that's what you have told her. I highly recommend that you move on, or sleep with her best friend to get even.