So this guy just got out of a bad relationship 2 months ago?

I met him when I was pregnant on a Monday night. He came over and slept over twice, all we did was cuddle, no kissing, or anything. I went into labor Wednesday morning and he rode with me & my friend who I was living with to the hospital. He STAYED for the birth, and came back every night I was there and laid with me, and brought me little goodies to keep me happy. He keeps saying he does not want a girlfriend right now and so forth, OK, I was okay with that. Well, I saw him again when I got out of the hospital, and he came to my families house with his son so I could meet him, he only has him every so often. He talks to me every day on the computer. I planned a trip to CT for a weekend. He wanted to go so we packed up, he took a day off from work and we went down there. We shared a bed the first two nights, nothing happened again. The last night we had a party. He ended up kissing me for the first time! He was holding my hand, had me sit on his lap, etc. The next day he brought me home, and hugged me goodbye!?! We talked & he told me he still did not want to be tied down. I continued to talk to him. Well two weeks went by, and he went out with me & my friends to a bar. He introduced me to his roommate. He held my hand, kissed me all night, had his arms around me and everything. We ended up at his place, where once again, he kissed em goodnight, but nothing happened. We joked about it, he said it was because I was too shy and didn't try anything, lol. Anyways, I really like the guy a lot. He wants me to come over again this sat night... but I do not know what to do, or what to think. HE says no girlfriend, but he acts like I am his when we are with one another. Not even afraid to do it in front of his friends, roommates, my friends, and he even kissed me goodbye in front of my parents?!? HELP PLEASE!

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Any man that sticks around during the birth of a child for a kid that isn't his gets mad props from me. However, he might just have nice guy syndrome and felt compelled to be there for you because he didn't want you to be alone (even though your friend was there). He also sounds like he's conflicted with what he wants. I know that when I'm around certain plutonic female friends I get very strong urges to kiss them because they look exceptionally pretty that night but I restrain myself because I know we wouldn't make a good couple. Maybe he just isn't exercising that same restraint with you? We all have deep inner needs and maybe just by being around you and kissing you you're satisfying what he needs at this moment. That doesn't mean you aren't worthy to be his girlfriend, just that what he wants from a relationship right now is nothing more than a hug and a kiss. (It's possible, ladies, not all guys are horn dogs)

• THank you. I enjoyed your input. Yes, as hard as it seems, NOT all guys are after one thing. It could be possible when he says he wants to take it slow and see how things go, he is actually being honest. What do you know, an honest guy! lol

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• I want to know why you're putting so much thought and energy into a guy who says he doesn't want a girlfriend, when you just had a child!?

• No effort, trust me. My son is my life & has my full attention. However, being the first grandkid, his grammie & grandpa like to take him ovvernight once a week, giving me a chance to go see my friends that I never see anymore. I was just curious that is all, if & when I do get into a relationship, I do not want it to be with someone that is just playing games. I wanted to play it safe and get some peoples opinions.

• maybe he wants to be friends with benefits? or he's testing you to see if you like him back. like he's waiting to see if u'll make a move

• You know what is funny. We had a long conversation tonight, and he said to me, why haven't you made a move yet? I responded with, I am not one to take another step unless I am serious with someone. He actually started telling me he wanted to see me more. Good thing? We will see. So funny you said that and that is what we talked about tonight.

• omg that really is funny ha ha

hope things go well:)