He keeps toying with me. Should I text him back?

There's a guy I've known for a couple years. We just rekindled something, but whenever we do he disappears after a little while of being really interested. (We don't hook up though so it's not for anything physical). Anyway, this time he came back and I told him how I felt. That I didn't want to get involved again if he was going to disappear. He said that it wouldn't happened again and a few weeks later even said he was in love with me.

Well now he's disappearing again. Different than before though, he won't disappear for long. Just maybe a day or so. When it's been a day he'll act really excited to talk to me, and then he acts completely disinterested, eventually doesn't answer my texts/calls, disappears for a day, and repeats. I'm so in love with him but I'm just done with the roller coaster. He ignored my text the day before yesterday, and just texted me today. Should I text him back to maintain a friendship, maybe talk to him about it or just ignore him altogether?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he is seeing someone else of its just the way he is accept him or find someoen else if its a problem for you...

• If he always acted like that it may be easier to handle. But in the beginning, for a few weeks when we haven't talked for a while, he'll text me all day and call me at least once a day. It's like he can't get enough. Then he stops. That's why it's difficult.

What Guys Said 1

• just ignore him altogether and see how he reacts, if he seems upset then he probably really does like you x

What Girls Said 1

• Definately just ignore this guy. He seems to be a real douche bag, and just from hearing this I am willing to bet that not only is he doing this to you, but a few other girls as well, or he has a serious relationship going and only wants you as sort of a rebound, you know? Something to have on the back burner. I'd definately drop him. Sometimes love can blind us all, and keep us from seeing the obvious in situations. But honestly, he won't change because in all reality, he is not even really into you. He knows you love him, and therefore that you are gullible to any lies. SO he is taking advantage of you.