What makes a girl girlfriend material?

There has always been some girls that have always had a boyfriend, since elementary school, and ever since they have been in tons of relationships, 50% of them not that serious but still relationships. Same with some guys...

So I wonder what is it that those girls/guys have that the others don't?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Agree with other posts. Some people can't live without a boyfriend or girlfriend... and they feel alone or diminished without a partner. They may actually be "less healthy" - not taking the time, ever, to find out who they themselves are. They say the happiest people are those who develop a serious relationship in the mid to late 20s. So no rush. If opportunties arise fine. But enjoy the times you are not partnered... take the time for yourself. Get to know yourself. So what these people have is an unfortunate personality trait that might cause them to be less happy later.

What Guys Said 7

• Each guy has different tastes, some want those eye candy girls, but for me I would just want someone whose open-minding likes to stand up for what's right, not trying hard to get attention or being a self-centered person. Young love doesn't seem to last long. I'm not saying there aren't people who actually do make it out of school and stay together in the future but you gotta find the right girl, it's hard to find someone great in school that's a keeper since a majority of them are immature and act cocky in front of friends. But there are some girls in school are mature enough and don't go around trying to get with every guy. Just be yourself and don't try to be someone your not because it won't last. If the girl likes you for who you are and accepts your habits than there's a keeper. (I'm not saying its bad to change some of your habits if they are bad, like drugs and certain things if she wants some of your habits to change let her tell you, depending if there right or wrong.) I mean I wouldn't want my girlfriend telling me to stop doing my homework for her or ditch with her and skip classes I mean those relationships won't last. (Sorry for my wall of text) But yeah just respect others like you want to be respected. It's better to find the one than going around looking like a slut having like 10+ ex's.

• What makes a girl girlfriend material to me is, a woman that's open-minded,cute,sweet,friendly,

innocent,classy or sophisticated. In my eyes a woman like Reese Witherspoon, Lauren Conrad,Autumn Reeser,Ashley Tisdale,Valerie Poxleitner, and Cassadee Pope are girlfriend material.

• The fact isn't that they are or are not boyfriend/girlfriend material it is that many boys and girls cannot stand to be without a boyfriend. I have met people who are nasty insecure and a total bitch yet still have boyfriends all the time and most of the time it is the first person who shows the slightest interest in them. Mostly I believe it is insecurity issues they cannot stand to be alone so they get as many relationships as they can, later on in life they find that they cannot stand to live with themselves and they end up realizing that the only reason they are married to the person they are is that because without that person in there life they would go mad. So there relationship crumbles and they go through maybe a few relationships and end up finding someone else who can deal with there bull sh*t.

• I'm not really sure, never thought of the reasons why a girl is girlfriend material. The only thing I really need or feel, is her need or want to be with me. If she feels the same way I feel about her, it just clicks.

• Even though you already have a BA, I'll still answer this (:

But I think that it has to do with what the guy wants.

Like if he wants a FWB then pretty much any girl he see's can be a potential FWB but if the guy wants a Girlfriend then he will look for the qualities that satisfy him.

and some are just happier not having a gf/bf.

Like me, I've never had a girlfriend and I'm fine with that. I'm totally fine being with myself, it gets annoying when my friends always say "so you got a girlfriend yet?" lol

• Same goes for people with bf/gf's

Some people can't even function if they don't have a partner so they get a girlfriend/boyfriend asap so they can fully function

• COMPATIBILITY... that's the name of the game there... compatibility... you will find several guys who you like and match well with

• Someone who is caring and there for you when you need her the most

What Girls Said 3

• Your asking the wrong question. The real question is what are people missing in those other people who do not have a girlfiriend or boyfriend. Most people that do not have a girlfriend or boyfriend have beautiful traits and characterisics that others won't take the time to notice. Its truly sad because relationships are so unpure and not real now a days.

• i guy makes boyfriend material when he funny like outgoing not shy and stuff cute I guess and probably outgoing

• we all have the same skills, but are not aware of it. Just have to find what qualities about you that will attract any men to you

• I don't think all women have the same skills, at all. I can cook a whole Thanksgiving meal, but I know women who can't cook toast without messing it up...or sewing, or being kind hearted. Some lack skills, that others may have...some things come natural to people, when others might work super hard on, but still can't get it. If that were the case, we'd all be Gwen Stephani, or Martha Stewart in a nut shell...

• When I said we all have to same skills, I was not referring as being all identical human beings. Unless you have some kind of disability or are born gifted. We all have abilities that we can enhance in life by excelling and working on it. We all knew to how to scrible when were kids, but those who pursue interest in drawing became better with practice....so it's all about finding what is interesting about her and she will decide what she thinks she has that other girls think they don't have.