He canceled plans last minute.. a second time?

I had plans to see this guy the other day. We've been seeing each other for a while now. So, he calls me an hour before we're supposed to meet telling me he can't make it. His excuse was legitimate, but this isn't the first time he's canceled on me last minute. He offered to meet up the next week, or the next day. I told him I wasn't sure, and I'd think about it. Obviously I felt upset but I played it cool. I just feel like he's always busy and has things to do, but I'm always free. I also don't want to make a big deal out of it. What should I do - let him to pick a day/time when he's not busy? Or should I do the rescheduling and tell him when I'm free?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• It sucks when someone cancels plans at the last minute. And it's important to note that this isn't the first time. He obviously has a lot of stuff going on, but does want to see you (since he wants to reschedule). I think the best thing to do if you like him and want to see him is to go ahead and reschedule and let him know you are not upset about the previous cancelations, but in the future if you are to continue seeing each other he needs to know that you do not want it to be happening last minute like this.

If he is so busy that he can't keep his plans, then you will probably want to find someone us.

- Evan

link | dating advice

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• You should schedule something and then cancel last minute. Then, maybe the next time he'll stick to his plans. Has he been making the plans? Maybe you should for once. Put the ball in your court.

• This happened to me last night. for the second time.

So what did you end up doing?

I spoke with guy friends and one girl friend. the guys feel that he has no idea that it upset me and still wants to see me. and it sounds like this is the case for you.

it was recommended to me that I should talk to the guy. and so you should probably too.

if you don't like his answer, move on.