Am I wrong, and should I tell her that I cheated?

I have been in a long distance relationship for the last three years almost, and each year we seem to end up living further away. When we started dating we were living in the same town, then she went away for uni and I joined the army. I'm now on the other side of the country and have been unfaithful two or three times this year which she doesn't know about.

She is moving up here next year to do her last year of uni so we will finally be in the same location for more than a week at a time. I don't want to keep any secrets from her, but I also don't want to hurt her any more then I already have.

Am I a horrible person, and should I tell her I have cheated on her?

20

What Girls Said 2

• I can understand why you've cheated, you're only young, your girlfriend isn't there. Even though, I think you should ask yourself why you did and will you do so again. If so maybe you shouldn't be in a relationship right now. It would really hurt your girlfriend if she knew. So I guess you need to consider what she will do if you tell her - will she finish with you? At the end of the day if you tell her you may ease your guilt but she will probably be heartbroken. And if you don't tell her and she finds out that is definitely worse. Some couples can get over it and move on and some can't.

• just tell her

telling the truth is better than lying.

and it ALWAYS will be.

What Guys Said 0