I'm pregnant and my boyfriend left?

I'm 21 and I'm pregnant. My boyfriend always told me that he wanted to marry me and have kids with me. When I told him I was pregnant he got scared and told me he wasn't ready to be a dad yet. I left one night I told him I would be right back and I came home and all of his stuff was gone. I couldn't call his phone cause it was shut off and a few days later I tried calling and texting him but no response at all. He has done this in the past but only for a couple of days and he usually comes back and says I'm sorry I needed time to think but I have no idea where he goes or stays because he's not from here. I know he loves me but why isn't he calling me back? Do you think he will ever talk to me again?

ok I finally got him to talk to me he came back for one night and then left the next morning and is back to ignoring me again

1212

Most Helpful Girl

• This is devastating, I am so sorry. I know that you're asking these questions specifically about him, but if I were in your place I think I would want someone to remind me of the following: You must keep your focus on what is important and what you CAN do. It's time to be a little selfish with your thoughts, and determine what's best for your life (because that's obviously not at the forefront of his mind). Forget him. When the child is born you can file a petition to establish paternity. You'll probably receive more help and support that way than if he had actually stuck around. I know that may be vicious of me and that I don't know him; but if he's lacking so much in maturity and thoughtfulness as he's demonstrated, I'd say that I'm not that far off. He's clearly not around now to provide the type of emotional support any girl in your situation would need, so surround yourself with family and/or friends who replenish your heart and bring you peace. These are things you can do, with or without him.

To answer your question though: yes, I would be willing to wager that he will come back, that he will talk to you again...I don't wish to inspire doubt in you as I would have in such a circumstance though; so I'm not going to say anything more about his reappearance. But I will say that there is something about the way that you conveyed your thoughts that told me that you certainly have the fortitude to handle whatever any of this brings. Employ your faith, take yourself onward without looking back!

What Guys Said 12

• Obviously,dat dude is a loser and a coward but you gotta kip going,move on with your life..

• most guys are scared to be parents. I think you should consider either aborting the child or adoption. I know its mean but you are too young to have a kid. there is still college and your whole life. this could mean you have no future, and the child could have no life.

• same thing happen to my mom she left him and now my mom is making that money don't worry you can do it I know this sounds dumb but pray to god for help and try to do it everyday trust me you have nothing lose with a 2 min prayer and everything well come together but keep trying to move foward and get rid of that little boy you call a man

• I almost in the same situation and I'm choosing to keep it because that baby is a part of me and I love it so much <3

• Ahhh!!! ill have a baby hopefully more in the future or way in the future lolz!!!!

• sorry for your current situation. Don't mean to increase your tension right now but you should have left this boy a long time ago before anything like this could ve happened.

Dont get depressed and it will be better not to wait for this boy to come back(if he comes back then its a good thing). move forward with your life and take good care of yourself both physically and mentally as your going to welcome a newborn soon.

• unless he's just totally not up for it hell come back in no time...

to be honest I would probably do the same thing (though I'm only 18 right now) because, well.. needing time to think makes sense no?

ahh you're going to have a baby! all the best wishes!

• Um I would say he's not ready to be a dad and for getting you pregnant he deverses to get his balls cut off by a chainsaw.

• it would seem not only do you date idiots, you also haven't heard of contraception

• Not the kind of advice she needs!!!!!!

• Yeah I'm such a bad man haha. I cause unneccessary stress, oh how awful.

• You're the biggus d***us I've ever known. :)

• It is possible he will man up in time. Sorry your baby's daddy is a douche.

• This basically happened to my mum. I think it worked out pretty well =D

• He is too young.

• Adoption. You need to aggressively try to adopt this kid. You are not ready and neither is he.

• Haha ha ha ha!

What Girls Said 11

• All you have to do is wait untill he contacts you, if he doesn't come around then you have two options.. either you keep the baby you dont... its a big decision so you have to think about it.

if you choose to keep it, make sure to understand that you will probably be a single mother and its a v v hard job... if you need help from him then you might need to prove its his baby too.

Am sorry you re going though this but perhaps you should talk to someone close about this and make a decision.

• Wow.. All I can say is this guy is definitely NOT boyfriend material. If you're with a girl and you end up getting her pregnant and you can't handle it then obviously he wasn't man enough to be having sex in the first place. If he "isn't ready to be a dad yet" then maybe he shouldn't be climbing all over you either. What a jerk. That's bad enough in the first place, but then to abandon you without an explanation and turn his phone off? That's so rude and just devastating! He's gonna realize he made a big mistake and he probably will come back, but my advice to you is to not get back into a serious relationship with this guy. You need someone who will be there for you through thick and thin and this isn't the kind of person you can get serious with in the future. Wish you all the luck in the world! Know your self-worth.

• He is going to have to communicate with you when the baby is born. I know how these low life scumbag a-holes work. Luckily your an adult so it will be a little easier for you than if you were a teenager but your still going to have to do a lot to keep you and your child safe. He is going to have to pay child support because he is the dad and if he really loved you he would come back and work things out, but if all goes wrong and it doesn't work out that way. I wish you the best of luck to you and your kid and a word of advice: ditch the guy, he's not worth it.

• I think maybe its for the best. Maybe right now he feels that he's not ready to be a father and that could be true I mean its a really big step. But who knows he may want to be there later on in life. and once he sees that baby he's gonna be a goner. But this is something that you just have to kind of ride out and pray on because you can't force him to do anything. it has to be his choice and as hard as that is going to be...its the only option. maybe he will come around maybe he won't but that doesn't change the fact that you now have a baby to worry about. So your feelings and his feelings don't matter at this point its all about your baby and doing what's best for it...and making sure its happy.

• This guy is a 100% loser and do not take him back. Get a paternity suit filed and let the courts get in his wallet for you.

• if he will not come back, just be strong and pray to GOD. you should be responsible enough. you must face the consequences no matter how hard it is. the two of you are not ready then why is it you did not use protection? just be strong and be a responsible mother to your baby. and ask help to your parents. whatever mistake you made I'm sure they will still understand you and support you.

• Wow, I don't know the guy but he seems like a real jerk. He should have at LEAST left you a note or text to let you know what's going on with him. If I were you, I wouldn't call him or try to find him or text him at all. I think you should surround yourself with positive and supportive people, like your family and friends and gather up some strength. You should focus on your pregnancy and make sure you don't stress a lot, for the babies sake. Eat lots of nutritious food and do what is right for you and your baby. Everytime you think of calling him, call a supportive family member or friend. I know that it's hard, but this guy seems like a real coward. If he really loves you, he'll come to his senses and be there for you. You're a woman, us women have such an amazing strength within us, you'll be able to overcome all of this. Best of luck to you, I hope that everything turns out okay!

• That guy sounds like a scumbag. Don't dwell on him! Find a guy who will love you and support you. Would you really want to marry a guy like this? :/

• I don't know what you stand for, but you're so young, I think an abortion would be best for you in the long run. What he did was cowardly and disgusting. A child should be born into a supportive family.

• I think that you shouldn't waste your time on this d*** head and move on with your life! No girl deserves that what a f***ing d***

• He is a coward and both you and your baby are better off without him, really. You just don't do that. Good luck.