Have you ever talked to your ex after the end of relationship?

And what did you talk about?

• Never ever talk to ex. I'm done.
  • Yes, I have. Painful talk
  • Yes, nice catch up.
    Vote C

1215

Most Helpful Guy

• I was over at my ex's last weekend playing board games. We're still friends. I like the guy she's dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• We are friends because we have a little boy, we've made it a priority to get along. We've been through a lot together, not just having him, although that's going to be our biggest bond. There's a respect there... or at least I have for him, and I hope he does for me.
    It would have been weird to have just cut each other off either way.

Sometimes, there is a boundary issue. I'm with someone else now, and my ex partner can be a little "nosy" about that, and it gets quite uncomfortable.
    He still thinks we'll get back together, and I know that sounds like quite an arrogant thing to say, but he talks about it quite a lot, but I think that when he moves on, that's when we'll probably be as comfortable and as close as we can be. When there's nothing residual and we can just be happy for each other... I'm looking forward to that a lot. I want to be able to talk to him about anything and vice vise versa.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes, we accidentally found each other online and it was nice to catch up. There was a time when we were happy and then we moved on.
    It is a lot better to be grown up about it than to hold grudges.
    I admit deep down, a part of me still loves her.

• Very limited, it wasn't a conversation, she just asked how my first semester went and I told her and said merry Christmas on my way out, that's pretty much it.

• my wife, obviously because of our children, but before her only once and it was random that we bumped into each other a couple of years after we split up.
    Generally my relationships dont end well !

• When I was younger. Now, nah.

• I actually do like to keep in touch with my exes.
    I mean, not right after we break up, but a few months/years after that I usually send a message to ask if everything is all right (of course it depends on the break up story).
    When I travel near where they live, I even ask if they want to meet, just like I'd do with any friend. Each time I got to do that, I had the opportunity to ask some things about how I was, what mistakes my ex thinks I've made, etc. Months/Years after, it doesn't hurt, but it's really helpful to understand what really happened and how I can act to avoid making the same mistakes again.

Most people don't feel the same, I always wondered why. Maybe this is because my parents have been divorced since I was 2, remaining nice to each other the whole time...

• I actually just reconnected with my high-school girlfriend. Hadn't spoke to her in like 8 years. And we talk about anything and everything. Also share a lot of music with each other.

• One was happy and the talk was short.
    One was unhappy and I had to listen to a lot.
    I don't think I'd have had a happy life with either

• She wouldn't talk to me

• Of course, I needed to get my things back

• Does hooking up count as talking?

• Hmm, it's definitely some contact, good question, but apparently not real conversation. So, no, purely for sex purpose doesn't count.

• Nope. I Luke Skywalker ghosted them and if they find me I’ll say GO AWAY!

• nope never

• Ya i spoke... she called me for her marriage

• it sucked
    it didn't happen by choice it happened because of circumstance

What Girls Said 11

• I haven’t spoken to one since we broke up and I don’t ever plan on it. The other, we have nice catch ups whenever we meet.

• I never talk to an ex ever again because once the relationship is over I don't want to encourage him to fall in love with me again or encourage myself to think there is something there when there is not.

• I really want to try again. But he won't talk to me. So I'm telling myself, I need to kill the idea of getting back together...

• Yah, it's not good when one of you have feelings when the other person doesn't.

• But the nice talk was short lived. You act like lovers without the label but they want to be friends. Fuck that.

• I think that one is hard , I know some people can manage well.
      I can't be friend with my ex, not because I hate him, but I won't forget the good feeling towards him. Sucks.

• Ya he kept leading me on which he denied. I just think it's better off without each no matter how much history we had. It was good yes. But it's over.

• Nope, nope and just in case anyone missed it.. nope.

• Yes, it's good and best to keep talking, but it can be awkward

• I talk to him, trying to get answers and hope to win him back someday

• Once an ex i don’t look back anymore.

• Yeah. He texted n called me. Wanted to meet etc.

• The ex and I really never ever had an official break up, sometimes doing so is still pretty painful knowing we're both with different people, we still love each other. He and I think the love will always be there he was my first love

• yepp we talked efter we brokup ** i mean we brokup and after 1 year we talked ** annndd we got back together :D

• Nope, when I'm done, I'm done