Would you be friends with you Ex?

Things ended in your relationship would try and maintain a friendship with them? If so how would you go about it. Especially if the person seems to be unresponsive.

• Yes, I would try to be friends
  • No, I wouldn’t try to be friends
  • I would cut off all contact and move on
    Vote C
  • I would be friends but keep my distance
    Vote D

89

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't voted.. For me this depends on the relationship you had with them.. If it was real love and still is.. I think it'll hurt too much to be friends.. At least for a while.. But if the feelings both faded over time.. Then I think friends is more of an option..

Also depends on the break up in some cases

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and my ex haven't spoken since her birthday where I texted saying happy birthday, and before that it was a couple months. I haven't seen her since July last year when I broke up with her. I wanted to remain friends but after her reaction and what she said a week after we broke up made me realise that wasn't gunna happen. Now she has a new boyfriend, but I have no interest in trying to be friends and I don't think she does either. I've blocked her on basically everything after she started annoying me, saying stuff about wanting me back and how she's changed and stuff.

So I'd say I'm very much in the "cut off contact" group :P

I don't think you can go back to being friends after an intense/romantic relationship, it'll always be different.