Do you ever truly get over the father/mother of your child?

My daughter’s father and I have been separated for 1.5 years. We’ve always had a good co-parenting relationship, we ended on good terms (it was very emotional, but it wasn’t a huge dramatic ending). Basically we sat down together, hugged, cried and knew it was over. About six months after we separated we opened up a lot and finally understood what each other was going through during our relationship. Neither of us have seriously dated anyone since, and once in awhile we will talk about how we always think about if it was the right decision or not. He opens up once in awhile about how it’s still very hard for him not having us as a family. If I let myself go to that place (us separating, wondering how it would be if we didn’t), I get very emotional about it and cry. I do love him and I’m sure I always will.

Anyone relate? Do you think you ever fully move on?Do you ever truly get over the father/mother of your child?

• No, you will probably always love him.
    Vote A
  • Yes, you will move on eventually.
    Vote B
  • Unsure/never been in that situation.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• You cannot TRULY move on since you see them all the time because you have kids.
    Seriously, I don't understand why people even start families and dissolve the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree.

• It was his decision and I should’ve fought for our family. But I’m the kind of person that if someone doesn’t want to be with me, then I let them go.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes eventually

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• No, there was always be a special place for him in your heart
    and nope you will never get fully over him and I could be wrong
    also i believe this happens to lots of people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Then why are you broke up? Because you got in a fight? That happens...

0|0
    0|0
    • No, it wasn’t a fight. We were both struggling with depression. We worked separate shifts and hardly saw each other. It was a very difficult time.

• Nope I will never have kids!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would get over.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes