Do you believe 'once a cheater always a cheater'?

Do you believe 'once a cheater always a cheater'? And why?

923

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to make a controversial blanket statement here... but I really have a low opinion of anybody who believes that.

Why? Because people have the ability to change for the better, and anybody who actually HAS changed for the better and learned from their mistakes, knows this. Ergo, the only people who believe you can't, are the ones who have been unable to do so. They believe that because they have no drive to become better, that nobody else does either.

Most people will continue to cheat, but if your mistakes don't define you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe that. Some people won't be able to help themselves and they'll cheat over and over again; other people will cheat once and never want to go through the pain it caused to their relationship again. Each case is different, people do it for multiple reasons, so I don't think we can generalize.

What Guys Said 22

• Well, it's statistically supported, and then you have to factor in how many people are willing to lie when polled and realize that the statistic must inevitably be skewed against it... so if even with statistical data that is skewed against it STILL being in favor, you'd kind of have to be an idiot not to believe it.

But then again, I'm just a shitlord, what with my math, facts, CDC and NHS stats, false paternity ratio, rate of divorces filed and for what reason and initiated by whom.

• I believe I'd never take the chance. If they've cheated before I'm not rolling the dice on that person, I'd keep looking.

• 85 percent of all men have cheated at lease once..

• Yes. I believe it has to do with the thrill of it, then masking it as either high libido or sexual experimentation.

In other words, the adrenaline from the risk, your brain is tricked into believing it feels better, and slowly it becomes an addiction or bad habit.

• Nope. People cheat for various reasons. My dad cheated on his 1st wife but never cheated on my mom. But you can't just say once a cheat always a cheat because everyones circumstances are different.

• Yes, I do. Because once one crosses a certain level of moral standard it eventually becomes a habit of them which they don't value anymore like before. This human nature makes them more likely to do the same again

• So personal experience here, my first girlfriend, cheated on me with one of my friends back in HS. She said sorry and i forgived her, then she did it again, and again and again till i learned my lesson and cut her out of my life. Once a cheater always a cheater.

• In my experience that saying has held true. I've given more chances then past girlfriends deserved and I see friends being cheated on all the time by those who have cheated in previous relationships

• I believe a cheater would have to go through extreme pain from cheating and have the will power to never go through that again. Speaking from personal experience, i have no desire to even talk to anyone else while im in a relationship now.

• Cheater would b cheating always just for time being dey apologize but cheating is in der blood always

• Yep... not sure. Because reasons. I don't know it, i believe it

• I cheated. Now I was presented a chance to cheat again on my current girlfriend. I didn't. I don't know

• definitely
    coz you can't know if he cheats or not in serious time

• I believe that if I am there joining or watching it's not cheating

• Its very much so, but people can change if they make a sincere effort for it.

• not %100 percent but i think %75

• If we are talking about relationships then yes. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• Why do you wonder this?

• Yes I think so

• Once you have cheated it's more likely to cheat again. Once you have crossed that mental barrier.

• Yes... they know that there it is easier to do than deal with the issues in relationships.

• Once they cheat you should not waste any time with them any more. The trust is broken so I wouldn't waste my time to try and piece it back together. Personally, if I knew I was cheated on for real, then I'll fuck them back and ghost them forever the first chance I get. They'll never hear from me again, because I figure that I really don't need her and she never really needed me. And they should be grateful, I could have considered some really humiliating form of payback and embarrass the fuck out of them for cheating.

What Girls Said 8

• No, people can change but doesn't mean that you dont have to genuinely prove it.

• I do believe this. But only if it’s in the current relationship. If they cheated in a previous it could of been because they are very unhappy or not ready to settle down.

If they cheat while with you, leave them. They don’t deserve a second chance. And clearly you’re not right for each other.

• yeah.
    Unless their cheating was connected with like drug abuse, or somethinf like that, which they've stopped, maybe.

• Yes, I've had it proven by cheating exs, multiple times. They're scummy time wasters!

• Yes absolutely. A Leopard Never Changes It's Spots.

• No people change

• Yeup

• I believe people can change and learn from their mistake.