Should I try to get my ex back?

She's the only girl I've ever really loved, I thought I wanted to marry this girl at one point. We both were totally in love. Months after the high point in our relationship we kind of got stubborn and selfish, so we stopped trying to impress each other. We stopped caring for each other. We had problems that we didn't communicate or work on. We broke up about 2 months ago, and I still miss her. I still think about her but the last time I called her was to apologize that I let things gets bad and to let her know I give my blessing to move on and be happy.

623

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop calling her. Stop worrying about her. Start worrying about yourself. You're going to move on, but you need to put in an effort to make the steps to do that. So you screwed up with her. Big freaking deal. The only way to make those mistakes mean anything is to learn from them and not do them again in the future with other partners. Work on yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, if she hasn’t shown you any intentions she’s open to it then don’t contact her. It will just make you look bad and if she’s vindictive/manipulative she’ll use it to her advantage. Move on and work on yourself, if there’s a sport you’ve always wanted to try get into that, if there’s a hobby youve always been interested in give that a try. Anything to take your mind off it all! Believe me I completely understand where you’re at right now and it does get better but thinking about it is nothing but counter productive!

What Girls Said 5

• If you really love her let her know. In my personal experience I would love to have known that my ex cared about me and was willing to work on things. I think that in order for any relationship to work you need to continue to court each other. You never fully “have” your partner. It’s always a constant work in progress and when you start to lose sight of that, take them on dates, act like you guys just met again for the first time. More importantly it takes two to make it work so as long as you both are on the same page, you’ll be fine. The best of luck to you!

• I wouldn't try to fix things. I think the relationship would only get worse over time and in my opinion - if you know you no longer want to marry her - it also means you know you don't want to be with her forever - so if you don't break up with her within a year after getting back together - you will probably break up with her in 2 or 3 years - there will be a break up point because your desire to marry her disappeared and you were both dissatisfied with the relationship.

• Try to talk to her and make sure that you guys need to treat each other better. Its not a crime to try it again.

• Well in my experience getting back with an ex never works. you breakup and start missing them... then you romanticise everything and decide to come back... and the same old shit starts again after some time. On the other hand it’s your relationship. You know Better than us about the issues and whether they can be addressed.

• An ex is an ex for a reasons

What Guys Said 22

• Nothing wrong with giving things a second go around. As long as it’s both mutual and you both want to work on things and reach a more healthier relationship. It’s going to take time and a lot of work but nothing is impossible!

Go get her man!!

• I really dont know man, i broke up with my last love a long time ago and whatever i do i can't get over it 100%. So my opinion might not be represantive, but if your feelings tell you to get her back do it. It might be to late one day.

But why the fck did you tell her to move on? Mixed Intentions is a shitty thing.

• I told her to move on because I want her to be happy, even if it's not with me.

• I'm nervous 😲🙈

• I can imagine. Wish you best of luck mate ✊

• No. you broke up for a reason and you know it. The breakup is still very fresh, and you're in a vulnerable and lonely state. Give it time, and stay strong. You'll soon realize you didn't love her (as your broken heart is currently trying to convince you), and you'll be happy that you're not together. It takes time to get over a breakup.

• I can tell the story which happened 2 months ago. One of my friends had hard period with lots of stuff happening with her family and so on. So her ex decided to meet with her and cheer her up. One month fast forward and they are back together, sadly it was not fairy tail and they have started fighting again. That guy is always busy and cannot find even 5 minutes a day to say good morning or good night.

As from my own experience I am best friends with one of my exes. I still have feelings and help her out in all possible ways, but I know she would be better if she found someone who can be close by and not 700 km away.

• You both became complacent. You already told her it was okay to move on and be happy. You need to do the same. Things will not improve.

• They're your ex for a reason because you felt like all other resources were exhausted and this was the only way out. You broke up for a reason and unless you are willing to accept that it was an idiotic reason, if it was... then the same problem will arise. You said you stopped trying to impress eachother that isn't what love is my friend it's the opposite, it's being infinitely intrigued with your lover not them putting an act on for you

• Prior to making that move, you need to make sure both you and her would be equally as committed to continuously building a healthy relationship. It'll do neither of you any good if you get back together and nobody has changed their ways.

• Its hard but it will get better, just give it time and dont jump into another relationship,
    These are simple words but not everyone understand tge real meaning.

• Never never never go back. Just learn from your experiences and move on applying what you have learned to your future relationships.

• I have the same problem with my ex now and I experienced similar with previous ones. You have to understand its over and what you thought was not true and is not true anymore.

• I'm going through something similar myself. I've found it best to just let go. Can't beat yourself up for too long, or else you risk self-resenstment. If she is the one, chances are, she's beating herself up too; and you'll get your chance in time

• From my experience, I'd say no. Even though you may truly love her still, she may not love you and end up screwing you over. And that hurts worse than where you felt before you got back with her. But your situation is much different than mine was.

• No i would move on. Its been 3 years for me, still single but I've only just recently moved on. It takes time. A long long time.

• Let her go. Learn from it and move on.

• let her stew

• Taking your ex back is like trying to put poop back in your butt it doesn't work

• Same bro... just in time cycle

• No...

• So if you both really love each other give ita chance so there are no regrets in future

• Go for it man! You never know she might be the one so give it another try!

• If u feel she is worth everything then get back with her

• Well you probably put her through hell, are you really willing to do that again? People don't change in 2 months, don't lie, you probably haven't changed.