How do you stop thinking about a guy you know is probably toxic for you?

We've all been there. Had a crush on the wrong person... But what if he was your first real crush? What if he was your first real love? That happened to me and now I just want him out of my head. For him to just leave me alone like he used to... But now that I'm putting up a fight he's suddenly interested in me again. And of course, when I confront him about it, he makes no excuses... But he does tell me that I'm the kindest person to him, that he finds comfort in just the thought of me. Why wouldn't that loop me back in? But... How do I get out of this? I can't bring myself to block his number, and he really does keep bringing me back with words I know hold nothing. Yet his poison is still the sweetest I've ever tasted. Am I right in thinking this is toxic for me? Or am I fucking crazy and over-thinking this?

214

Most Helpful Guy

• You said it right. It's toxic. And until you make that decision to block him, he's never going to get out of your head. Guys like that like seeing how there control over you keeps you running back. So the more you resist the more they try. And it seems the more you fall for it.

Simply don't over complicate the equation with things he has said, promises to do, or ways he makes you feel. You effectively have answered your own question.

You KNOW his words hold no meaning,

You KNOW he is toxic and his words are poison.

You KNOW that the more you resist the more he tries like it's some sort of game with little to no emotion.

So be the bigger person, be kind to yourself and take him out of the equation all together!

Most Helpful Girl

• You find new things to fill your time and mind. Eventually you’ll think of him less and less.