How do you stop thinking about a guy you know is probably toxic for you?

We've all been there. Had a crush on the wrong person... But what if he was your first real crush? What if he was your first real love? That happened to me and now I just want him out of my head. For him to just leave me alone like he used to... But now that I'm putting up a fight he's suddenly interested in me again. And of course, when I confront him about it, he makes no excuses... But he does tell me that I'm the kindest person to him, that he finds comfort in just the thought of me. Why wouldn't that loop me back in? But... How do I get out of this? I can't bring myself to block his number, and he really does keep bringing me back with words I know hold nothing. Yet his poison is still the sweetest I've ever tasted. Am I right in thinking this is toxic for me? Or am I fucking crazy and over-thinking this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You said it right. It's toxic. And until you make that decision to block him, he's never going to get out of your head. Guys like that like seeing how there control over you keeps you running back. So the more you resist the more they try. And it seems the more you fall for it.

Simply don't over complicate the equation with things he has said, promises to do, or ways he makes you feel. You effectively have answered your own question.

You KNOW his words hold no meaning,

You KNOW he is toxic and his words are poison.

You KNOW that the more you resist the more he tries like it's some sort of game with little to no emotion.

So be the bigger person, be kind to yourself and take him out of the equation all together!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You find new things to fill your time and mind. Eventually you’ll think of him less and less.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Rather than trying to find a new guy, do what makes you happy that isn't him. You can read his messages, but don't reply, don't say a word to him. Eventually he will give up. Same sort of issue I was having a while back.

1|0
    0|0
  • find a new guy ok i know we aren't perfect but there isn't only one guy in the world that you are going to like

0|0
    1|0
  • Learn to like a guy for his character not just for his looks and personality. The things we fall for is more a reflexion of ourselves. If u love urself u would do better. When u learn to love yourself would avoid poison. What's fun about a person who doesn't really care about u? But they say for some people if they haven't tasted poison they will never really know how bad it can hurt. Some need a life damaging experience to be a able to start making good decisions. Trust me, there are better guys out there. As reluctant as u are in cutting him off the more u are setting urself up for failure. Read on stuff on how to love urself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been there as well. I had some other girls tell the girl I'd betray her, that ended things for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck/date someone else. He's not the last man on Earth. Be wise!

0|0
    1|0
  • 1Change u'r number
    2Try to hide from his eyes
    3 Keep your attention to other things

0|0
    0|0
  • Tequila

1|0
    0|0
  • find another
    or
    talk with another

0|0
    1|0
  • Get therapy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make ur self busy

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm also going through it.. bt have try..

0|0
    0|0
  • Go looking for another first love 😁

0|0
    0|0
  • Same kinda thing happen to me
    She said we just aren’t meant to be together to spite us both being in love, it was hard still is a year later
    I’m not going to get into it but basically she just replace me and got a new boyfriend, maybe just try that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• My first job out of High School was at St Paul and over the next 5 years Iearned so very much. Seeing the hospital torn down tears a small piece of my heart out. The Daughters of Charity and the doctors and staff of St Paul Hospital will always be with me…

HERE? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, w­w­w­.­h­o­m­e­w­o­r­k­5­.­c­o­m

0|0
    1|0
  • Hun, he was not your first love. Love is defined by two people, not one.

You don’t have to block his #, you just have to be strong enough to ignore him. Regardless of what he says.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes