Whats the moral way to break up with someone?

Self explanatory, honestly. Is it to be upfront and honest, cut them loose? Or is it to let them down easy?

Are extenuating factors to he factored into the decision? Say you're stuck in a lease with that person, or you have plans that extend into the future that you don't want to be disrupted.

I personally don't think it's as black and white as so many people make it out to be. What say you guys?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• ALWAYS talk to them in person. Not only is breaking up with someone over text, a call, or social media distasteful, I find it to be cowardly. Unless you are afraid that person might physically harm you, that is. Extenuating circumstances are always part of the equation. It depends on the person you are breaking up with. I find kind honesty is the best for people you dont want to hurt and brutal honesty for the people you want nothing to do with. Honesty though is always the best path to choose, no matter who it is. They may even thank you down the road if you are still friends for being honest.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• On today's society, I honestly feel that it says a lot to say it to someone's face. Just be prepared for the other party to want a reason why, which is where you need to stick to your guns. For whatever reason you truly don't want to be with this person, don't sugar coat it.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no nice way of breaking up if the other person doesn’t want to. You just have to be honest about your feelings but be kind.

0|1
    0|0
  • Be honest but respectful.

0|2
    0|0
  • Just tell them straight. t will hurt anyway

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Be honest and straight forward. Break ups are at best amiable and disheartening. Soulcrushing at worst.

If professional life is tied to it (which I think is one of the most dangerous things to do), then keep it separate, professional and private should always be separate in the first place. There is no point letting them down easily, there will always be some form of resentment, least you can do is be fair and honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • They have no morals. They'll go straight to the point, right at your face and you'll be wondering what just happened. You do the same: don't show remorse, guilt or empathy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them u don't love her anymore and want to break up
    It worked when I did it... and them I got shot... so before u say it make sure your girlfriend is not a fucking lunatic

0|0
    0|0
  • i would want to here that directly not seeing things get worse slowly till she tell me she doesn't want me anymore this way i feel that my emotions are played with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be blunt but respectful

0|0
    0|0
  • Face to face talk

0|0
    0|0
  • Be honest. how they take that is up to them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes