Whats the moral way to break up with someone?

Self explanatory, honestly. Is it to be upfront and honest, cut them loose? Or is it to let them down easy?

Are extenuating factors to he factored into the decision? Say you're stuck in a lease with that person, or you have plans that extend into the future that you don't want to be disrupted.

I personally don't think it's as black and white as so many people make it out to be. What say you guys?

58

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• ALWAYS talk to them in person. Not only is breaking up with someone over text, a call, or social media distasteful, I find it to be cowardly. Unless you are afraid that person might physically harm you, that is. Extenuating circumstances are always part of the equation. It depends on the person you are breaking up with. I find kind honesty is the best for people you dont want to hurt and brutal honesty for the people you want nothing to do with. Honesty though is always the best path to choose, no matter who it is. They may even thank you down the road if you are still friends for being honest.