“I just don’t have feelings for you”?

So I have been dating someone for 5 months, he told me he loved me, introduced me to his family and children, ask me on a vacation. But completely out of the blue he called me and said “I just don’t have feelings for you and I don’t think we should continue to see each other”. What is really going on?

08

What Guys Said 8

• Probably found someone else

Or got to know something about your past

Or maybe didn't think it was good for his kids

• It's possible he may have tried forcing things. Has this guy has an extensive dating history, or has it been just a few girls? If he's a similar age to yourself, the pressure of not having found a partner may have got to him, though I'd hope by the time someone was in their mid-30's, they'd have worked out that's not a sustainable approach to a long term relationship.

He could have found somebody else, but I don't think you'll get proper closure until you speak directly to him about it.

• We are older, both married and divorced. Our kids are all grown. He hasn’t told his daughters, they are very sweet to me and have been texted me since he dumped me (but they don’t know). My best guess is that there is someone else, even though he denied that.

• Hmmmm... In that case, it sounds to me like he's being dishonest about something. Another person? Possibly, but then why are his daughters still communicating with you? Surely if they saw someone else come home, they'd have let something slip, or stopped taking altogether?

I'm afraid though that at this point it's pure speculation on my part. But if he's been with someone before, I'm sure my previous theory about him feeling pressure to find a partner is unlikely. If he's only saying he has no feelings for you, it's a possibility, but then, was it just sex he was after? I think that's the alternative.

Either way, it sounds like he still has details to fill in. Otherwise, where else will you find closure?

If it were me, I'd look for one more (civil) conversation. The up-shot is that, from what you've told me, at no point can I see any of this being your fault. There's a breakdown in communication here somewhere, and it seems to be on his part.

• If he was only after sex though, egg introduce you to the family? That's another point that would need clearing up.

• Leave him

• Exactly what he just said. He wants to end it, for whatever reason.

• He probably experienced something that changed his mind

• I got no idea maybe he found someone else going through hard times or have u lied 2 him?

• His parents probaly.

• And the feeling is mutual.

• Are you asking me a question?

What Girls Said 0