He already has a girlfriend though I think he's been cheating on me with her.

so boyfriend and I broke up. he already has a girlfriend though I think he's been cheating on me with her. why do I still hope he is coming back to me?. I am so upset. when we were in a relationship he never put that status on fb but now that he's with her he did. I am so hurt and confused and I just hate him so much right now... I don't know how to make the pain go away , what to do to just forget about him

31

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard for you to get over it because all you can think about is how good things were when the two of you were together. I realize that it hurts to think about this, but your ex-boyfriend never invested as much in the relationship as you did. Don't think it's your fault. Sometimes guys go out with girls they aren't necessarily in love with to boost their own egos. I know, it's jerky of them to lead girls on like that, but it's what they do. Guys have physical needs, and they'll go to great lengths to satisfy them.

You sort of have to remind yourself of what went wrong in the relationship in order to understand why it's good that the two of you aren't together. You said that he never put your relationship status on Facebook, but he did with this new girl. There's an example of something he did that wasn't good for your relationship. You also said that you think he cheated on you with her - there's another example. It's not healthy for you to be in a relationship with someone that you can't trust. You shouldn't have to settle for a guy who doesn't make you feel good about yourself.

My advice? Give him space (and a lot of it - meaning, don't bother to call or write to him, don't pick up immediately if he calls you, and basically act like he isn't the center of your world). If he's worth it at all, he'll realize what he's missing. In the event that he comes back, you need to talk to him about everything he did that hurt you the first time and make him ensure that he doesn't do it again. But don't wait around for him because there's no guarantee that he will come back. The best way to forget about the pain is to distract yourself - do things you love (i.e. if you like tennis, focus on that), hang out with friends, or go out and meet other people.

I hope this helps, and I wish you all the best! :-)

What Guys Said 1

• Your boyfriend cheated on you...with his girlfriend? Just how were you expecting this to work?

Go. Go far. Let him be. Start over elsewhere.

• Noo I was his girlfriend 1st, we dated for a year and 5 months and just recently , last week recently we broke up. and he now has a girlfriend they starte to date on saturday.

What Girls Said 2

• DONT get a rebound. That doesn't solve your problems and you're just using someone else to make you feel better which is a bad idea in my opinion. I realize how hurt you are :(

Listen, you DO NOT need him. You don't! I really liked my boyfriend...we almost got to the point of loving each other when he suddenly broke up with me. I never knew why. I told myself I wouldn't want anyone but him and moving on-IMPOSSIBLE.

So where am I now? I've realized all of the bad things during our relationship that I had "sugar-coated" were true and have realized them for what they are. Look at the facts. Look at what he did or didn't do that he should've. I will never be able to remove my ex from my heart, there will always be something that I liked about him so much. But now I've come to realize all of the things that went wrong that I had "sugar-coated" during the relationship. I never thought that I would be saying "I deserve better" and I have always been told that by people but never believed it. Well it's time for you to start believing that! You DO deserve better! You deserve someone who will post your relationship status on facebook and be PROUD of it. You deserve someone who will call you each night or text you whenever they can, someone who will always keep promises or agreements with you. You deserve that, you know it.

* REMOVE the flaws that you had "sugar-coated" during your relationship and see them for what they really are.

*Recognize what you deserve

*Accept that the break up happened

*Know that there IS someone out there who will love you no matter what

*Know that you are one of a kind, totally unique and he IS missing out on that

*Be with your friends, tell them everything. Let it loose and cry a lot

*Keep a journal handy whenever you are feeling down

*Listen to songs that you love, not sad songs

*Listen to songs like "So yesterday" by Hilary Duff

*Find happiness as much as you can

*Know this: Even though this great relationship of yours has ended and you miss all the good times you spent together, there is someone out there who is better than that guy. Trust me.

*Look your best whenever you can!

*Don't contact him AT ALL. Avoid him

Do all of this and you will be just fine :)

• get a rebound. the easiest way.